The Sdn Handshake Or...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rambo2006

Be a DDS or die trying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi every1,

We are all SDN'ers as we track, add, and start our own threads and posts. It would be pretty cool to have some kind of unique "thing" so that when we go to dental school, we can say "there is an SDN'er over there." I dunno, maybe when meeting each other we could itch our left ear or whatever.
I know this may seem pretty ******ed, so at the least, lets try to humor each other with some creative suggestions. We are all stressed as hell and could use a laugh!!!

Good luck and see you in dental school!!! :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

rambo2006 said:
Hi every1,

We are all SDN'ers as we track, add, and start our own threads and posts. It would be pretty cool to have some kind of unique "thing" so that when we go to dental school, we can say "there is an SDN'er over there." I dunno, maybe when meeting each other we could itch our left ear or whatever.
I know this may seem pretty ******ed, so at the least, lets try to humor each other with some creative suggestions. We are all stressed as hell and could use a laugh!!!

Good luck and see you in dental school!!! :) :) :)

i think it would be a better idea if we each have our own secret sign. I will scratch my crotch and spit everytime i meet someone, so if you meet me you will know.

I think it's a cute idea! Though if we walk around the hallways itching our ears and raising our eyebrows we might either get an accidental come-on or be asked to visit Mental Health Services! hehe

We could always send out e-mails to the class (I imagine you get a contact list before going) and add a little "P.S. My SDN name is [ ]" or perhaps we could create an SDN "cocktail" that you always order first at bars. A liquid "restoration"! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we should all wear pirate hats all the time. Not only would people know who we were but they wouldn't dare mess with us either. And we could say, "Arr! Show me your booty!"

TimR said:
i think it would be a better idea if we each have our own secret sign. I will scratch my crotch and spit everytime i meet someone, so if you meet me you will know.

so coach,

Scratching your crotch does that mean swing away

or is it when you spit.

"oh" wait I am suppose to bunt.

:laugh:

TimR said:

I think we should all wipe with our bare hands, and then shake, and then do a ritualistic exchange of sniffing eachother...this way, we really know who's here and who's faking.

I surely think so:)

Perhaps a loud war-cry during the dental school tour will identify one self as an SDN'er. :laugh:

rambo2006 said:
Perhaps a loud war-cry during the dental school tour will identify one self as an SDN'er. :laugh:
lol. A war cry that all the SDNers join in and then rush to tackle the tour guide with our tomahawks!! Whos not going to let who in now!!!!!

Wear a blue and white ying-yang dot on your cuff. Cover it up for interviews but let it be visible when schmoozing with other interviewees. That'll do it, silent worker at their best.

Gulch said:
lol. A war cry that all the SDNers join in and then rush to tackle the tour guide with our tomahawks!! Whos not going to let who in now!!!!!

I like it! You can demonstrate some good manual dexterity and tenacity to the adcoms. And while you're at it, I do have a list of some professors that I wouldn't mind subjecting to a random scalping.

Sprgrover said:
And while you're at it, I do have a list of some professors that I wouldn't mind subjecting to a random scalping.

And let's not waste a fresh cadaver, they're hard to come by you know... (mmmph, the skin, cutaneous layer, aponeurotica, loose connective tissue, periosteum). It won't even have that formaldehyde smell. =)

jk5177 said:
And let's not waste a fresh cadaver, they're hard to come by you know... (mmmph, the skin, cutaneous layer, aponeurotica, loose connective tissue, periosteum). It won't even have that formaldehyde smell. =)
Ugh. Our lab had a couple unpreserved cadavers at one point during anatomy last summer. Talk about revolting odors.

Ok, for those who are ganna have thier interviews soon here is something to try. Just ask the interviewees if they think its ganna rain today. If they say "it will tomarrow", then they are indeed officially SDN'ers I have an interview soon and just for fun, I'm ganna try it.

maksidaa said:
I think we should all wear pirate hats all the time. Not only would people know who we were but they wouldn't dare mess with us either. And we could say, "Arr! Show me your booty!"
LMAO...thats one of the funniest things i've read on here in quite some time. haha

Ok, so I tried the "do u think its ganna rain tomarrow" at today's interivew and no one knew and so there must have been no SDN'ers :( :(

Maybe better luck next time if there is a next time.