The SDN Handshake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tensyle

3 more months
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I was reading in one of the other threads about a secret handshake and i thought it was hilarious..anyone have any ideas as to what this should be?

Members don't see this ad.

I have several issues with this secret handshake.
First, what are you gay?
Second, what if one of shakers are of the female race? What do we do then?
This is a VERY important issue!

hahahhaah no im far from gay. ive been a big fan of mj's music and music only. second, girls can do it too!

lol any other ideas?

Members don't see this ad :)
the number one rule of SDN is you don't talk about SDN outside of SDN

There should be a hip bump in there somewhere, but it's a sad beginning and a cliche ending. That makes it harder.

You go up to the person and smack them. If they hit you back, they might be from SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't realize people were from SDN at my interviews, but a couple of times I realized after the fact that I met them and they were from here.

But now that I'm in med school a bunch of people know who I am on here - which is kind of creepy. Someone was like "yeah we sat down and figured out who a bunch of people are on SDN - you're alwaysaangel." I'm still not sure how they figured it out since thats not associated with anything else.

Just ask someone you meet what the difference between MD and DO is, and if they go into a neurotic-spaz and tell you that you should go and research this topic and instead of asking people, they are most likely from SDN

just ask a co-interviewee if they are neurotic about checking their email, and they'll let slip that they check SDN too.

bam.

Or go around asking people what their homepage is. hah

How about having a subtle facial expression or body pose to along with you're handshake that'd hint the fact that you're an SDNer??

I mean...I you wouldn't wanna seem ******ed, and at the same time it'd be cool to meet other SDNers...

Any ideas?

The comittment to staying on topic in this forum is comendable.....

I have a good one: After shaking hands and introducing yourself, brush your left shoulder twice with your right hand. From an outsider's perspective, it's completely unnoticeable.

You go up to the person and smack them. If they hit you back, they might be from SDN.

:lol::lol::lol:

I laughed out loud for real that time.

PlAnEjaNe

I have a good one: After shaking hands and introducing yourself, brush your left shoulder twice with your right hand. From an outsider's perspective, it's completely unnoticeable.

I like this idea.....very subtle, but a good sign.

How about this:

You're among a crowd of interviewees and you say "SD" and then someone else will say "N"...and bingo.

Yeah, and if they also brush their shoulder twice, just to be certain it's not an accident, spit on your shoe and wipe it with the back of your pants, if they repeat ........ BINGO!!!

Also, it's can be an acronym. The two shoulder brushes represent "SD" or "Shoulder Dirt." Then if you want to acknowledge the secret handshake, you respond by rubbing your nose once.

S = shoulder
D = dirt
N = nose

This combines my idea and Auron's.

Also, it's can be an acronym. The two shoulder brushes represent "SD" or "Shoulder Dirt." Then if you want to acknowledge the secret handshake, you respond by rubbing your nose once.

S = shoulder
D = dirt
N = nose

This combines my idea and Auron's.

Haha, I like it :thumbup:

Yes, because SDNers weren't nerdy enough, now we need a handshake. :laugh:

Just ask what the average GPA/MCAT of med school applicants is.

If GPA > 3.7 and MCAT > 35, they're probably from SDN.

everyone from SDN wear a blue-and-white checkered tie :eek:

oh, girls can wear like polka dot shoes or something

One of the other applicants I met at Albert Einstein mentioned SDN's interview feedback. :eek:

One of the other applicants I met at Albert Einstein mentioned SDN's interview feedback. :eek:

I believe I read on another thread (maybe the interview invite one) that you were interviewing at NYMC the same day I was. So I guess I saw you there, although I have no idea who you were (or if you're even male or female).

good call. Ask them where they're from, and no matter where they say, ask "Oh, then do you know Lee Burnett?"

Haha thats actually not a bad idea at all. If they are non-SDN they will think nothing of it.