the settings you envision yourself

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laya533

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the settings in which you invision yourself conducting your medical career in future? Who has at list one thought about the answer of this question? it has appeared on some of the secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
Its either private practice, hospitalist, academic, free clinic.
does it also include research or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
laya533 said:
What is the settings in which you invision yourself conducting your medical career in future? Who has at list one thought about the answer of this question? it has appeared on some of the secondaries.

birth center, clinic, or maybe group practice. definitely not hospital practice. not private practice, because I want to work with midwives. maybe research, but not the kind that's going to get my published in the green journal. they don't like hearing that homebirth is safe.

Are you asking us about our answers to that question or help in framing your answer?

If you want to do research as an MD, then list that. Be sure you know something about that, so you can speak to it.

As for me, I envision myself practicing in a small Air Force Base clinic or a larger medical center, depending on what specialty I end up in.

group practice most likely, i don't want to deal with all of the business parts of running my own practice...

wow ! lots of thoughts!

Shredder said:
high rise

Agreed :D

However, I would like to add, "Inside a Lamborghini" as well.

academic/international organization

fingers crossed!

Mix of research and clinic...expecting way too much of myself.;