PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Verified Expert
May 10, 2012
  1. Medical Student
    Ahh finally. Not too many of us regularly visit SDN. Are you going to USF?

No, i got accepted into USF but i decided to attend the University of Tampa. Its private and little more expensive unfortunately but the phenomenal labs and classes will be good for me. Plus the campus is nice too. I was originally planning for USF but something about UT drove me to go there. I feel where ever your happy going, is where you ll do best in my opinion. I'm going there for Pre-Medical (Biology major). They re only 15 minutes apart, but UT is in the heart of downtown Tampa.

What about you?

nysegop

Removed
    Apr 15, 2012
    Somewhere Cold...
    1. Pre-Medical

PapaGuava

The Real PG
      Staff member
      Administrator
      7+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      May 10, 2012
      1. Medical Student
        Are you guys going to USF? I'm from Indiana, but I've visited there and it looks awesome. Are the Bio/Pre-med programs good?

USF is one of the state schools here. It has rose up many ranks over the years inching closer to UF/FSU and is pretty common for kids in my area to go there. The medical school at USF ranks very well in the nation as well. My stepfather is from Indiana, he went to Wabash College and IU.

Sounds cool. You can't put a price on on happiness. What are you thinking about medical schools? I am looking to apply to a lot of Florida schools because I want/need to stay close to the area. Do you know anything about the medical schools?

I want to apply in Florida as well. But anywhere would be cool, its going to expensive regardless haha. Maybe USF's medical school if possible. UF has a good medical school as well, but not sure about all the other options in Florida. Tampa is great for volunteering medical wise, lots of hospitals like Tampa General and the renowned Moffitt Cancer Center ( i volunteered there).

All we can do is take it a step at a time. These next 4 years are important and then come Medical school options.

Tolbert

7+ Year Member
        Feb 15, 2013
        1. Pre-Medical
          Just chiming in to also answer SteinmetzMD.. I know a bit about USF because I applied there too. Their bio/pre-med is pretty good; medicine is really what they're known for imo and why I actually chose to apply to them in the first place. Of course rankings say that UF>FSU>USF=UCF and so on, I still think USF can hold its own and would get you into a decent medical school (really any is decent but you know what I mean).

And congrats to @CameronMed for choosing UT! I've heard great things about them as well.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
          Staff member
          Administrator
          7+ Year Member
          Verified Expert
          May 10, 2012
          1. Medical Student
            Just chiming in to also answer SteinmetzMD.. I know a bit about USF because I applied there too. Their bio/pre-med is pretty good; medicine is really what they're known for imo and why I actually chose to apply to them in the first place. Of course rankings say that UF>FSU>USF=UCF and so on, I still think USF can hold its own and would get you into a decent medical school (really any is decent but you know what I mean).

And congrats to @CameronMed for choosing UT! I've heard great things about them as well.

Thanks man! I'm very excited.Yeah it was a hard decision but ill be happy at UT. Do you intend on going to USF?

Tolbert

7+ Year Member
            Feb 15, 2013
            1. Pre-Medical
              Thanks man! I'm very excited.Yeah it was a hard decision but ill be happy at UT. Do you intend on going to USF?

stepbrothers-yep-gif.gif

Can't wait!

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.