The Truth. Period!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?DreamsRMadeOf

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It amazes me how some people are so quick to accuse people of lying. Be sure of this, any information that I divulge, comes from the heart, with the best of intention and is REAL. I'm not about games, lying, or discouragement. This is what happens when people don't read and have problems comprehending. Instead of asking me to clarify some issues that you may have with my post, you ignorantly through out false accusations of which I don't appreciate. Address me, do not inform others, when you don't know anything yourself.

This thread will probably by closed, but let me reiterate, s-l-o-w-l-y. And please READ before you make asinine remarks. The NationalStudentClearinghouse.org is a huge database that records EVERY school related thing you do, including your entire ENROLLMENT history, period. This is not up for debate or sideway jabber. I never said anything about this database having information on every school! It records YOUR individual ENROLLMENT history, and loan history
by your soc #(social security number). In other words it provides information about YOU! They are HUGE, they're kind of like the google of American college students, they are also the source of the NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System).

I never once said that you could go to this website and pull up your history.
I only have access to the database through my university, who provides this service free to all it's students. I'm sure most colleges give you your own email address such as [email protected], so that you can register online, order transcripts email professor, submit financial aid, etc.

Well there is also a link and it reads: National Student Clearinghouse Self Service Site, underneath it reads: view enrollment history, print enrollment certificate. When I click one time on this link, it then takes me to another page, this page is the student self service login where I must provide my name, DOB (Date Of Birth), and my soc # not once but twice, with or without slashes.

Ok, now that I've finally made it. Here are my options:

1) Obtain ENROLLMENT certificate, to print and mail to a health insurer or other company that requests proof of my enrollment.

Underneath this, I have a choice to check current enrollment or all enrollment. Oh, great they even provided a link just in case I don't have Acrobat Reader. Boy, it's a good thing I already have it.

2) View the enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse. Bingo! This is where I found my entire ENROLLMENT history, ten years back to 1997.
3) View student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to my loan holders (lenders and guarantors).

4) Order an official transcript or view status of your transcript requests.

5) View specific information about my student loans. (Next to the that, they provide me beautiful link that is purple and turquoise and it reads: LOAN LOCATER)

Well, there you have it, word for word, verbatim!

Also please be clear that this thread is dedicated to a certain individual who feels that my information does not "correspond to the truth" :laugh: . I have one question for you, what is the truth? Is it that you can LIE on your med school app. Never mind, don't answer. I have enough dross in my life.

As for the rest of you, I love SDN. I've got to send them some money soon. But anyway, I love this community, I've laughed, I've cried and spend a lot of my free time on here, taking in all that I can. So many many SDN-ers have helped me with their stories and advice. I have no doubt learned so much from these amazing, fascinating people. I would not have post this, if I did not value SDN, and there are FEW things that I value.

I don't need anyone trying to discredit me, when all I was trying to do, is provide people with info, so that they can make an informed decision, that could otherwise be detrimental to their future. We all know what lack of information can do. I also said that I DON'T know whether ADCOMS use this database. I don't know, but I think it would be safe to assume that they do. Your choice. I regret that post, but it's done, I will go back and erase it and this one too, later.

Any more accusations should be directed to:
https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/contactus.htm
Be sure to scroll down and look at Degree and Enrollment Verifiers.

Also if you just want to know more about these fascinating people, here you go: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/about/default.htm

OK, I'm done, don't bother me with minor typos, I know they're there, but I don't have time to edit, I have a pot roast in the oven to tend to :) .

Members don't see this ad.

I understand your frustration and yes AMCAS has a way of finding out much of this info.

I can't believe how many responses and spin-off threads that one guy's thread spurred.

Members don't see this ad :)
It amazes me how some people are so quick to accuse people of lying. Be sure of this, any information that I divulge, comes from the heart, with the best of intention and is REAL. I'm not about games, lying, or discouragement. This is what happens when people don't read and have problems comprehending. Instead of asking me to clarify some issues that you may have with my post, you ignorantly through out false accusations of which I don't appreciate. Address me, do not inform others, when you don't know anything yourself.

This thread will probably by closed, but let me reiterate, s-l-o-w-l-y. And please READ before you make asinine remarks. The NationalStudentClearinghouse.org is a huge database that records EVERY school related thing you do, including your entire ENROLLMENT history, period. This is not up for debate or sideway jabber. I never said anything about this database having information on every school! It records YOUR individual ENROLLMENT history, and loan history
by your soc #(social security number). In other words it provides information about YOU! They are HUGE, they're kind of like the google of American college students, they are also the source of the NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System).

I never once said that you could go to this website and pull up your history.
I only have access to the database through my university, who provides this service free to all it's students. I'm sure most colleges give you your own email address such as [email protected], so that you can register online, order transcripts email professor, submit financial aid, etc.

Well there is also a link and it reads: National Student Clearinghouse Self Service Site, underneath it reads: view enrollment history, print enrollment certificate. When I click one time on this link, it then takes me to another page, this page is the student self service login where I must provide my name, DOB (Date Of Birth), and my soc # not once but twice, with or without slashes.

Ok, now that I've finally made it. Here are my options:

1) Obtain ENROLLMENT certificate, to print and mail to a health insurer or other company that requests proof of my enrollment.

Underneath this, I have a choice to check current enrollment or all enrollment. Oh, great they even provided a link just in case I don't have Acrobat Reader. Boy, it's a good thing I already have it.

2) View the enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse. Bingo! This is where I found my entire ENROLLMENT history, ten years back to 1997.
3) View student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to my loan holders (lenders and guarantors).

4) Order an official transcript or view status of your transcript requests.

5) View specific information about my student loans. (Next to the that, they provide me beautiful link that is purple and turquoise and it reads: LOAN LOCATER)

Well, there you have it, word for word, verbatim!

Also please be clear that this thread is dedicated to a certain individual who feels that my information does not "correspond to the truth" :laugh: . I have one question for you, what is the truth? Is it that you can LIE on your med school app. Never mind, don't answer. I have enough dross in my life.

As for the rest of you, I love SDN. I've got to send them some money soon. But anyway, I love this community, I've laughed, I've cried and spend a lot of my free time on here, taking in all that I can. So many many SDN-ers have helped me with their stories and advice. I have no doubt learned so much from these amazing, fascinating people. I would not have post this, if I did not value SDN, and there are FEW things that I value.

I don't need anyone trying to discredit me, when all I was trying to do, is provide people with info, so that they can make an informed decision, that could otherwise be detrimental to their future. We all know what lack of information can do. I also said that I DON'T know whether ADCOMS use this database. I don't know, but I think it would be safe to assume that they do. Your choice. I regret that post, but it's done, I will go back and erase it and this one too, later.

Any more accusations should be directed to:
https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/contactus.htm
Be sure to scroll down and look at Degree and Enrollment Verifiers.

Also if you just want to know more about these fascinating people, here you go: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/about/default.htm

OK, I'm done, don't bother me with minor typos, I know they're there, but I don't have time to edit, I have a pot roast in the oven to tend to :) .

I'm still not convinced.....your going to have to provide me more information.

Just kiddin'

On a serious note who cares? It looks like you got all in a huffy in your little rant....so what if your right.

You better grow some thick skin when ye enter SDN and med school for that matter.

go ahead and do a search for "gunners".....in the interim you better get ready!

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME!

I'm still not convinced.....your going to have to provide me more information.

Just kiddin'

On a serious note who cares? It looks like you got all in a huffy in your little rant....so what if your right.

You better grow some thick skin when ye enter SDN and med school for that matter.

go ahead and do a search for "gunners".....in the interim you better get ready!

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME!

I don't understand, why people cannot READ and comprehend. What in the world are you talking about? I specifically stated that I did not want asinine remarks posted in my thread, and you do the very thing I explicitly stated not to do. Do you have any idea as to how absurd you sound?

Your behavior exhibits that of a desperate step child vehemently vying for mummy's attention. Yes, your defiant nature reveals this.:cool:

On a serious note, who cares? Obviously you do, since you no doubt took time to respond to an issue, that is of no concern to you. :cool:

It looks like I got all in a huffy in my little rant.... What is this gibberish? I apologize for not being able to identify with such inanity. For the record, I don't RANT, the only rant I see on this thread is yours. I am bewildered as to why you felt the need to address me, and for what purpose? :sleep:

I am responding to a particular individual, who had made a specific, detailed reference about me, that was out of context. I have a right respond, and defend my person, and to clarify anything that may have been misconstrued.

So what if your right... What type of ideology is this?

Don't you get it! That is the point, I am RIGHT, so don't tell others I'm wrong when I'm right. If you can't grasp this concept, there is little hope for you. Just because I can back up what I say, when others can't do not attempt to chastise me for it. It simply won't work.

Don't get me wrong, I get the whole cynical, sarcastic thing that your trying to project, but your not funny, so it doesn't work for you. You come off sounding so oafish. I know, who cares? This little statement reveals so much into one's mindset, and is just a buffer to cope with some underlying issues at hand, perhaps insecurity, probably more.

I wouldn't be surprised that, if and when you read this, you resort to swearing and name calling and throwing out accusations and what not, this is typical of one that does not know how to articulate. You need attention desperately, from anyone, obviously.

You better grow some thick skin.. :confused: You don't even know me, to say that. Don't you value your words? Don't you think about what you say before you say it? I am not easily thwarted, I love life, and every thing about it, the up and downs, the peaks and valleys from which wisdom is derived. I have no problem expressing this openly with others.

Unfortunately you mistake this as a sign of weakness. You have the persona of bully, a fake bully, you see this forum as the schoolyard. Your whole post reeks of the intent to intimidate, but reveals so much more. You are completely transparent!

Please, I am urging you stop this behavior because it's not working for you but against you, and this will only lead to defeatism in your own life, among other issues that I don't care to elaborate on.

But make no mistake, my openness is not a sign of weakness, but strength. I am comfortable with who I am. I embrace humility. A humble person has no need for thick skin. Pride=shame.

and Med school for that matter: Once again, my preparation for med school, is of no concern or use to you. Are you in med school?; are you qualified to tell me I need thick skin, let alone for med school. I have people, good successful, been there-done that people behind me. No worries on this end.

Your post, (because I sure can't call it advice) is completely unfounded.

OK, I'm done. Oh yes, for the record, I grant you the last and final say, "you don't have to try to be nice", bring it! But just know that no matter what say, (you'll no doubt exhibit antics to that of Le Cirque, no that's far to classy, perhaps something a little more garish, ah yes, WWE is a much more suitable reference). be sure of this, you will warrant NO response from me whatsoever. I run a tight ship, so if you don't bring me joy or enlightenment to my life, your as useless as car without gas, not worth my time. Now everyone knows that you're a few trees short of a forest, due to your own idiosyncratic efforts.

So go ahead take the spotlight, you so pathetically and desperately desire.

oldpro: I thank so much, for your kind words, this is especially meaningful coming from someone who is actually in medical school. Your story is so inspiring, truly uplifting. Your going to rock the USMLE; no doubt!:luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.