The ultimate specimen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
25 pounds.

35 x 30 x 18 cm.

The kicker? It's a scrotum. Sorry. no pics. ;)

BTW, operative dx is Lymphedema.

Members don't see this ad.

yaah said:
25 pounds.

35 x 30 x 18 cm.

Holy lord! Did he walk into the hospital with a wheelbarrow? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
deschutes said:
Did he weigh 500lbs that he did not notice this for the last however-long-it-took-to-develop?

He noticed it. Chief complaint: Cannot urinate while standing up, and cannot get his penis out for sexual activity.

And yes. 500 pounds.

yaah said:
25 pounds.

35 x 30 x 18 cm.

Bah. I had an ovarian specimen bigger than that last week. (Serial sectioning revealed projectile pus. Mm-mm.)

Yeah yaah, your balls are no match for my ovaries. Wait...oh **** that came out wrong. Seriosly though, the week I was grossing in the Gyn Big specimens, I swear it was like fibroid and serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma clinic!

cytoborg said:
Bah. I had an ovarian specimen bigger than that last week. (Serial sectioning revealed projectile pus. Mm-mm.)

Indeed. But my friend, this was a scrotum.

yaah said:
Indeed. But my friend, this was a scrotum.

You have to have a big balls to gross such a specimen...ha ha ha ha ha....

yaah said:
He noticed it. Chief complaint: Cannot urinate while standing up, and cannot get his penis out for sexual activity.
Was this in the EMR and you pulled it up yourself, or was it something the surgery resident trotted over specifically to tell you? ;)
yaah said:
And yes. 500 pounds.
Woohoo! deschutes rocks! :D :clap: