DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
Please post if you know of a school that do not offer anymore interviews.
It's March, and all of the schools deadlines have passed, so they must be finishing up with interviews as well.

Schools usually tell you untill when they will interview, so I would like to have all the schools here, this will help some of us how are still waiting to hear from schools.

I will start, and correct me if I am wrong:

name of the school: approximate last day of interviews

U of Michigan: end of February

OP
DB#1

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
Oh c'mon... 50 views and not a post?!

I know many of you have this info, share it to help the rest of us who have not decided or have not heard anything from schools yet.

I will take info from another thread and post it here (U of L).

U of Louisville: end of February

GENERAL TSO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Status
DB#1 said:
Oh c'mon... 50 views and not a post?!

I know many of you have this info, share it to help the rest of us who have not decided or have not heard anything from schools yet.

I will take info from another thread and post it here (U of L).

U of Louisville: end of February
WVU

Okazaki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
Status
Dentist 2 be said:
hey did you hear from umdnj yet?
I interviewed at UMDNJ on the Feb 11th.
I received a reply in the 24th.

I haven't seen many people from UMDNJ here on SDN.
Are you guys out there?

Okazaki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
Status
Dentist 2 be said:
did u get accepted? Are you attending?
Yeah... I got an acceptance letter. On our interview day, the adcoms told us that they had only 4 seats left with 3 more weeks of interviews.
Sure made all of us sweat.

Are you planning on attending?

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
Okazaki said:
Yeah... I got an acceptance letter. On our interview day, the adcoms told us that they had only 4 seats left with 3 more weeks of interviews.
Sure made all of us sweat.

Are you planning on attending?
I didn't even get to interview there, unfortunately. I retook my DAT way to late.

Dr.Bear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
NY
Status
As of right now... I will be attending UMDNJ... They are done with interviews as far as I know... but hey ya never know right?
My e mail is [email protected].. any UMDNJ students... e mail me and say Hi

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
okazaki:

have you heard from Columbia. I'm still waiting. Day in and day out. But, I think I'm going to go with UCLA though

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
jk5177 said:
okazaki:

have you heard from Columbia. I'm still waiting. Day in and day out. But, I think I'm going to go with UCLA though
i hate to be the one to tell you... but Columbia's last interview day is March 24th... i know because when I was booking my interview, she said they had no more dates past 24th...

UCLA is way better... I would rather go there if I were you (but thats my opinion) :D

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
Status
dentist_to_be? said:
i hate to be the one to tell you... but Columbia's last interview day is March 24th... i know because when I was booking my interview, she said they had no more dates past 24th...

UCLA is way better... I would rather go there if I were you (but thats my opinion) :D
You got him wrong. He's already had an interview with CU. He's now talking about acceptance.
What kind of school is UNDNJ? Clinical/research/both/neither?

UCAL04Grad

Eagle
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status
DB#1 said:
Please post if you know of a school that do not offer anymore interviews.
It's March, and all of the schools deadlines have passed, so they must be finishing up with interviews as well.

Schools usually tell you untill when they will interview, so I would like to have all the schools here, this will help some of us how are still waiting to hear from schools.

I will start, and correct me if I am wrong:

name of the school: approximate last day of interviews

Unfortunately, most D. Schools have finished with their Interviews except UCLA. I have spoken to most East and West Coast Schools. They are now going through their wait lists.

I just spoke to the following schools last week and found out that they have stoped as of March 1st.

USC
UCSF
UOP
ASDOH
UNLV
BU
TUFTS
NY Stony Brook
SUNNY Buffalo
NYU
HARVARD
CREIGHTON
UPENN
CASE
NOVA

Okazaki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
Status
jk5177 said:
okazaki:

jk5177:

I'm still in the same boat as you. I also wait for the darn letter to arrive whether good or bad. But then again,... the guy did tell us all that they had 2 more weeks of interviews after our date along with another 2 weeks of decision making. So based on what he says, we still have until March 25th before realisitically expecting anything.

Gonna go with UCLA? Congrats on getting into there. I don't know alot of details about Westcoast schools, but I keep hearing that it's awesome and difficult to get into.

Let me know how Columbia went. Another week and a half and we'll get our answer. I think I'll be attending UMDNJ.

Okazaki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
Status
Profchaos said:
You got him wrong. He's already had an interview with CU. He's now talking about acceptance.
What kind of school is UNDNJ? Clinical/research/both/neither?
Profchaos:

UMDNJ is a school located in Newark New Jersey. As you might guess from it's location in the inner city, it's a very very highly clinical school with requirments that rival most clinical schools, and at the same time, it pours alot of money into research as well with it's affiliations with CABM (Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine) ... so it has the best of both worlds. They just finished completing their brand spanking new Dental building last year. The facilities are completely modern and looks very impressive.

The thing i really don't like about it is that all the texts you'll need for the curriculum are all within a DVD that they give you along with an IBM Thinkpad that comes out of your tuition. I'd rather have an actual book in my hands and take notes and highlite etc..., rather than reading text from a computer screen.

Dentist 2 be

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Status
Non-Student
UCAL04Grad said:
Unfortunately, most D. Schools have finished with their Interviews except UCLA. I have spoken to most East and West Coast Schools. They are now going through their wait lists.

I just spoke to the following schools last week and found out that they have stoped as of March 1st.

USC
UCSF
UOP
ASDOH
UNLV
BU
TUFTS
NY Stony Brook
SUNNY Buffalo
NYU
HARVARD
CREIGHTON
UPENN
CASE
NOVA

Actually NYU and Buffalo are still interviewing

Okazaki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
Status
Dentist 2 be said:
Actually NYU and Buffalo are still interviewing

I believe Stony Brook is too. They said that they were interviewing all through March. I was scheduled for a March 11th interview that I turned down.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
Status
Okazaki said:
Profchaos:

UMDNJ is a school located in Newark New Jersey. As you might guess from it's location in the inner city, it's a very very highly clinical school with requirments that rival most clinical schools, and at the same time, it pours alot of money into research as well with it's affiliations with CABM (Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine) ... so it has the best of both worlds. They just finished completing their brand spanking new Dental building last year. The facilities are completely modern and looks very impressive.

The thing i really don't like about it is that all the texts you'll need for the curriculum are all within a DVD that they give you along with an IBM Thinkpad that comes out of your tuition. I'd rather have an actual book in my hands and take notes and highlite etc..., rather than reading text from a computer screen.
Thanks Okazaki(that's the only Japanese name in my biology book, 1500 pages), UMDNJ must be a good blend of both then, which sounds really impressive. They had their new building and started to use "no paper" just like another UNLV, expect UNLV is not that research focused.

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
Okazaki said:
I believe Stony Brook is too. They said that they were interviewing all through March. I was scheduled for a March 11th interview that I turned down.
UNLV is still interviewing, too.

drat

I catch huge fish.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
UCAL04Grad said:

USC
UCSF
UOP
ASDOH
UNLV
BU
TUFTS
NY Stony Brook
SUNNY Buffalo
NYU
HARVARD
CREIGHTON
UPENN
CASE
NOVA
They may have stopped sending out interview invites by March 1, but I know some of these schools are still interviewing into March.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
Status
Okazaki said:
jk5177:

I'm still in the same boat as you. I also wait for the darn letter to arrive whether good or bad. But then again,... the guy did tell us all that they had 2 more weeks of interviews after our date along with another 2 weeks of decision making. So based on what he says, we still have until March 25th before realisitically expecting anything.

Gonna go with UCLA? Congrats on getting into there. I don't know alot of details about Westcoast schools, but I keep hearing that it's awesome and difficult to get into.

Let me know how Columbia went. Another week and a half and we'll get our answer. I think I'll be attending UMDNJ.
Just so let you know, there's a man going to CU for interview on March 18th. That means they have extended their interview date? So don't write them furious letter if you don't hear anything before March 25th, wait an extra week.

Fulcrum77

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Status
Dental Student
UCAL04Grad said:

USC
UCSF
UOP
ASDOH
UNLV
BU
TUFTS
NY Stony Brook
SUNNY Buffalo
NYU
HARVARD
CREIGHTON
UPENN
CASE
NOVA

I have an interview with Columbia on March 25th, Boston Univ on March 29th, and NYU on April 1st. There are definitely some more interviews taking place! :)

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2004
Status
Fulcrum77 said:
I have an interview with Columbia on March 25th, Boston Univ on March 29th, and NYU on April 1st. There are definitely some more interviews taking place! :)
Wow east coast interviews are so late. I hope they don't interview into August.

jk5177

Just Kidding
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
Oregon
Status
Dentist
jk5177 said:
okazaki:

Well, to quote myself so that you, the reader will have an idea of what I'm about to post now.

So I got a letter from CU today, it goes like...

"After very careful review of your credentials, I write to inform you, regrettably, that we cannot offer you a place in the Class of 2009. Our Admissions Committee was concerned that our curriculum would not support your best interests; we are careful never to do an applicant the disservice of accepting them into a curriculum if we truly believe it is ill-suited to their needs.

We appreciate your interest in our School, and we sincerely wish you a successful career in dentistry."

This makes my decision easy. I don't have to worry about what school to go to. UCLA is it. My final answer. Whewww, and the application cycle ends.

Okazaki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
Status
Profchaos said:
Just so let you know, there's a man going to CU for interview on March 18th. That means they have extended their interview date? So don't write them furious letter if you don't hear anything before March 25th, wait an extra week.
Wow... CU interview on March 18? My god..... When will it end?... o_O?!?
Well, that's ok. I pretty much have my mind set on UMDNJ right now. Looks like some of us got our CU replies already. Sorry to hear about the letter Jk517, but still though,... you ended up getting into the school you yourself chose to go before getting the CU letter. Now, there's no second guessing which school you "should" have gone to.

If either of us are going to hear some good news from that school,.. it'll be you profchaos. I'm wondering why you didn't get a good reply already. Did you apply late or something?

I don't plan on writing a furious letter to them. Just gonna passively wait it out.