The Waiting Game Sucks!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oink2655

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm so nervous about my letter from Touro. The adcom stated that they would be sending out the letters on Friday but Friday was a holiday. This one girl that was in my interview group got her letter in the mail Saturday and got in. We lived somewhat of the same distance so I don't understand why she got a letter and I didn't get anything yet. Maybe I am just freaking out at this point. I keep on thinking that they sent the acceptance in one batch and a rejection in a different batch :scared: I've been waitlisted since January and then was rejected in September so I have basically been waiting all year for the school. :(

Now I am starting to think about all the things I did wrong at the interview and how my answers were not good enough. But I did try my best at the interview

Members don't see this ad.

they dont always send the acceptance letter all at the same time, they do tend to send in about the same time, give or take a week or two.
hope you get in.
gl

oink2655 said:
I'm so nervous about my letter from Touro. The adcom stated that they would be sending out the letters on Friday but Friday was a holiday. This one girl that was in my interview group got her letter in the mail Saturday and got in. We lived somewhat of the same distance so I don't understand why she got a letter and I didn't get anything yet. Maybe I am just freaking out at this point. I keep on thinking that they sent the acceptance in one batch and a rejection in a different batch :scared: I've been waitlisted since January and then was rejected in September so I have basically been waiting all year for the school. :(

Now I am starting to think about all the things I did wrong at the interview and how my answers were not good enough. But I did try my best at the interview

You could e-mail Steven Davis -- [email protected] and ask him about your status. I interviewed Oct 28th and found out about my status on Nov 4th..yeah..one week! they are fast if you e-mail. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
oink2655 said:

Hi oink2655,

I haven't gotten my letter from Touro yet either, but Mr. Davis replied to my email right away regarding my status. But i live in NJ so I'm sure it will take longer for me to get my letter than CA residents.

Good Luck!!!

Stephie

Stephie said:
Hi oink2655,

I haven't gotten my letter from Touro yet either, but Mr. Davis replied to my email right away regarding my status. But i live in NJ so I'm sure it will take longer for me to get my letter than CA residents.

Good Luck!!!

Stephie

Thanks Steph,
I just emailed Steve to ask for my results since I am afraid that my mail may have been lost. I don't think I will have enough courage to open the email once I get it though :( . Are you still keeping in contact with the people that you interviewed with? One of the girl in my interview group got in but I still haven't heard from the other ppl.

oink2655 said:
Thanks Steph,
I just emailed Steve to ask for my results since I am afraid that my mail may have been lost. I don't think I will have enough courage to open the email once I get it though :( . Are you still keeping in contact with the people that you interviewed with? One of the girl in my interview group got in but I still haven't heard from the other ppl.

I haven't been in touch with many people from my group. Hopefully by interviweing early we have an advantage!

Good Luck!!!

oink2655 said:

I feel your pain... I too am waiting and agree that the waiting game sucks.... Many who interviewed with me to Mercer also have started finding out that they have been accepted and I am still waiting. :scared: Hope I recieve something tomorrow....... :eek:

All of you have interviewed and are waiting for responses. I need to wait until February to see if I am even invited for an interview! I won't know until the end of MARCH if I made it into the program I want!

If ever you guys feel stressed about waiting for that acceptance letter, just think about me and how long I need to wait.

Remember "they" say, "Good things come to those that wait!"

Chris

I've decided to take up an extra hobby to help pass the time: thumb twiddling. You should try! :laugh:

...the five schools I applied to won't even start interviewing until Jan/Feb. :(
Hope that you hear something soon, though...

Rxbound said:
...the five schools I applied to won't even start interviewing until Jan/Feb. :(
Hope that you hear something soon, though...
what are the schools?

Don't worry. There may just be delays in the mail delivery, and they don't always send the acceptance letter all at the same time. :)

The longer you wait the better it will feel when you finally get that acceptance letter!!!! Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Rxbound said:
Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and UMKC (for now)

I know how you feel USN doesn't start interviewing until late January. This month is going by fast for me though because Organic is kicking my butt! :scared:

where do you live oink? I live in orange county and I got the letter on monday 11/14 in the mail. However, i already knew i got in because i emailed steve last thursday. dont worry! be happy!

If you interviewed early you have an advantage. My interview was in Nov and I got my letter of acceptance 11/15. You will get it, just breathe and be optimistic!I was freaking out too and its did me no good. I got in VCU but I am sure it is basically the same with most schools and interview their processes. ;)