1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

The Waiting Game Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by oink2655, Nov 13, 2005.

1. oink2655

oink2655 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I'm so nervous about my letter from Touro. The adcom stated that they would be sending out the letters on Friday but Friday was a holiday. This one girl that was in my interview group got her letter in the mail Saturday and got in. We lived somewhat of the same distance so I don't understand why she got a letter and I didn't get anything yet. Maybe I am just freaking out at this point. I keep on thinking that they sent the acceptance in one batch and a rejection in a different batch :scared: I've been waitlisted since January and then was rejected in September so I have basically been waiting all year for the school. :(

Now I am starting to think about all the things I did wrong at the interview and how my answers were not good enough. But I did try my best at the interview

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. infernobutterfl

infernobutterfl Pyro user
    7+ Year Member

they dont always send the acceptance letter all at the same time, they do tend to send in about the same time, give or take a week or two.
    hope you get in.
    gl

3. Swanchick84

Swanchick84 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

You could e-mail Steven Davis -- [email protected] and ask him about your status. I interviewed Oct 28th and found out about my status on Nov 4th..yeah..one week! they are fast if you e-mail. Good luck!

4. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi oink2655,

I haven't gotten my letter from Touro yet either, but Mr. Davis replied to my email right away regarding my status. But i live in NJ so I'm sure it will take longer for me to get my letter than CA residents.

Good Luck!!!

Stephie

5. OP
    OP
    oink2655

oink2655 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thanks Steph,
    I just emailed Steve to ask for my results since I am afraid that my mail may have been lost. I don't think I will have enough courage to open the email once I get it though :( . Are you still keeping in contact with the people that you interviewed with? One of the girl in my interview group got in but I still haven't heard from the other ppl.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I haven't been in touch with many people from my group. Hopefully by interviweing early we have an advantage!

Good Luck!!!

7. nimette

nimette Member
    5+ Year Member

I feel your pain... I too am waiting and agree that the waiting game sucks.... Many who interviewed with me to Mercer also have started finding out that they have been accepted and I am still waiting. :scared: Hope I recieve something tomorrow....... :eek:

8. freshbeatschris

freshbeatschris New Phuture
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    All of you have interviewed and are waiting for responses. I need to wait until February to see if I am even invited for an interview! I won't know until the end of MARCH if I made it into the program I want!

If ever you guys feel stressed about waiting for that acceptance letter, just think about me and how long I need to wait.

Remember "they" say, "Good things come to those that wait!"

Chris

9. ICA

ICA Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I've decided to take up an extra hobby to help pass the time: thumb twiddling. You should try! :laugh:

10. Rxbound

Rxbound Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

...the five schools I applied to won't even start interviewing until Jan/Feb. :(
    Hope that you hear something soon, though...

11. WorcesterPHOBoy

WorcesterPHOBoy Membership Revoked
    Removed

what are the schools?

12. dragonet

dragonet Member
    10+ Year Member

Don't worry. There may just be delays in the mail delivery, and they don't always send the acceptance letter all at the same time. :)

13. ndearwater

ndearwater SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    The longer you wait the better it will feel when you finally get that acceptance letter!!!! Good luck everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

14. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

15. Rxbound

Rxbound Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and UMKC (for now)

16. Smilescali

Smilescali Almost there...
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I know how you feel USN doesn't start interviewing until late January. This month is going by fast for me though because Organic is kicking my butt! :scared:

17. gmohamma

gmohamma Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    where do you live oink? I live in orange county and I got the letter on monday 11/14 in the mail. However, i already knew i got in because i emailed steve last thursday. dont worry! be happy!

18. smchurch

smchurch Member
    5+ Year Member

If you interviewed early you have an advantage. My interview was in Nov and I got my letter of acceptance 11/15. You will get it, just breathe and be optimistic!I was freaking out too and its did me no good. I got in VCU but I am sure it is basically the same with most schools and interview their processes. ;)