The waiting game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCRU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My applications were completed in early October. How long should I wait before I start receiving interviews. My stats are competitive (according to the reported averages) at every school that I applied to.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you apply? Where are you from? What are your stats? What is your favorite ice-cream flavor? ;->

The above info will help people respond to you better, but sounds like you should start recieving responses anytime. Might want to call around just to "make sure everything is in" (letters, transcripts, etc...) to help the anxiety out!

Best wishes!

Jim Henderson, MD editor of http://www.medicalstudent.net

Stats: 3.85+, 35+
California resident
Need info on UCs, Ivys, Stanford, NYU, GW, and Tulane.
Favorite ice cream flavor: mint and chip

Thanks, and good luck to everyone else who's applying.

[This message has been edited by SCRU (edited 11-10-1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the rejection letter from UCSF.

August 99 MCAT (34+, 3.7GPA), Out of State.

I called some schools recently and found out that there may be a significant amount of time between the date your secondary is recieved and the date the secondary actually begins being evaluated. At some schools this may be as long as two weeks!

So...I guess the time for a response may be between six to eight weeks after your secondary has been received by the admissions office.

Nonetheless, I'm still camping out by the mailbox waiting for more replies.

[This message has been edited by SCRU (edited 11-12-1999).]