The Weakest Link

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on being as vague as possible about my weaknesses, while being as specific as possible about the strengths of my weaknesses, and ultimately attempt to squirm my way out of having to give too much information.

I plan on being as vague as possible about my weaknesses, while being as specific as possible about the strengths of my weaknesses, and ultimately attempt to squirm my way out of having to give too much information.
bahahahaha. I meant more so if they question you about it directly like "I see you have a 58th percentile PCAT. Our average last year was 75th percentile. What do you think this says about your abilities?" (This is of course a hypothetical example). Very clever answer though!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to find a thread similar to this and couldn't but if i'm wrong, please link me to it:D. I wanted to see how people plan on spinning their weakest links to adcoms (or how they have in the past- this is in regards to interviews and supplementals- NOT the personal statement) - regardless of what it is- GPA, PCAT, lack of leadership experience, lack of pharmacy experience, lack of volunteering, lack of knowledge of the profession, lack of a convincing personal statement (I think these are all the main things they look at that are in your control). For me, my GPA is on the lower end (~2.9-3.2 range), and I've never found pharmacy related volunteering/job (but have a great understanding of the profession because of some past experiences (remaining vague for anonymity) . I plan on explaining it by simply telling the truth: Orgo killed me, particularly the second semester. And then mention other than that my grades have been decent. Also, I show a greater understanding of advanced applications courses involving orgo (Biochem = :love:). What's your achilles heel? Or if you're already in school/ through school- what was it and how did you overcome it?

Do your best! If you need help, just let me know via msg :)

I also proof read personal statements too! (my name is listed under proof reading thread) haha

:thumbup:

If you have any weakness in your application, fix it now.

If you have low gpa, get high pcat scores, show upward trend of gpa.
If you have no experience in pharmacy, start looking for one. Cannot find one? Make one.
Lack of leadership? Start a community project yourself and recruit other students to help you out.
Lack of knowledge of the profession?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198059

You should make an effort to show that you know your weakness, and you are fixing it. Otherwise, you will just be one of the many applicants who are making excuses.