1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The weirdest thing

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Denticized, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Denticized

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I just got this letter from Creighton saying that I have been accepted into the alternate list and if somebody drops I'll get in but here is the shocker:

I HAVE NOT BEEN INTERVIEWD THERE!!!! (da da da...[scary music])

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cybermech

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I read about someone saying that they send out like 1000 of these, which is significantly more than they've interviewed. I interviewed, but still got the same letter...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fuji

2+ Year Member

4. eleminopee

eleminopee I've got 2 infractions!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    me neither. it was pretty funny though when i got the letter. i can finally rest at night knowing my app status at creighton. PHEW

5. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You should move to Omaha in the late spring and then show up at the admissions office to let them know you are in town. Show up every day over the summer to see if your spot has opened yet. This will substitute for your interview.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How could they say no?

6. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Creighton is one of the few dental schools that do not have interviews as a normal part of their admissions process, so your letter isn't too much of a surprise.