The When to Apply to AACOMAS thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are many people here hinting at the fact that they should get their applications sent to a throw-away school early so that their application can get verified.

However, on the AACOMAS application, they mention that you lose a ton of functionality when you submit your application. Many things can no longer be edited.

What's the deal? What's the best strategy? Can someone who has done this explain further, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

The "throw away" school strategy should only really apply to people who are submitting before they receive an MCAT score. The goal being, that if a poor MCAT score is received, one can simply drop out of the cycle. This way you will not be a reapplicant at schools you really want to attend.

Don't submit until you are satisfied with your application.

Roger that. Thank you so much for clarifying that situation for me, it was making me really nervous. I thought there was more to it that I wasn't being informed about. Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What if I already know my score more or less, but won't get it till June 16th? Too late to get everything sent and verified then?

Moreover, what are the April and May MCAT takers such as myself doing?

Last edited:
No that sounds fine. If you received a percentile you are happy applying with, just apply.

I have no idea, I took mine in January to avoid having to worry about it.