The Year Off...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentJess

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum :) I have a question about my year off. I am planning to submit my app, but I still want to take community college classes during the break before d-school. Do the d-schools count the classes you take during that year into your gpa? Thanks :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I was told by d-school admin that they do. Taking them at a cc might cause you some problems though.

Why might taking community college classes cause some problems?:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools don't like classes from a community college, that's why he said it might give you some problems.

time off? is that the normal timeline, i always thought it was to apply at the end of the junior year, get accepted senior year, start summer of senior year.

Well, I'm applying at the end of my senior year so I will have a year off.

time off is actually pretty common. I took a year off. Many go to dschool in the later 20s and well beyond. and some actually go after 2 yrs of undergrad if they are in a joint 6 yr program w/ the school...or as I like to call them...uber-fortunate

I have always wondered about people getting into dental school at 19. How do they do it?? how do you get acceptance into that kind of programs?

time off is actually pretty common. I took a year off. Many go to dschool in the later 20s and well beyond. and some actually go after 2 yrs of undergrad if they are in a joint 6 yr program w/ the school...or as I like to call them...uber-fortunate

I have always wondered about people getting into dental school at 19. How do they do it?? how do you get acceptance into that kind of programs?

some schools w/ dschools have programs like this...you basically just apply for it out of high school..if you get in you just have to meet minimum requirements in order to get accepted...or to at least have a really good shot at being accepted.

cool, I wish I knew this when I was in high school! lol.. So it is proberly base on your SAT and GPA in high school then?

some schools w/ dschools have programs like this...you basically just apply for it out of high school..if you get in you just have to meet minimum requirements in order to get accepted...or to at least have a really good shot at being accepted.

From what I can tell..there's already about 5 people in my class that are/were in this program. Gonna be a young group apparently:laugh: