THEN and NOW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ianwright

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you A) finishing dental school or B) practicing dentistry - I was wondering what your expectations were upon A) deciding to enter the dental field and B) completing dental school.

Finally - how have your expectations A) changed or B) remained the same after dental school - as a dentist.

Layman terms (w/o all the jargon) - as dentists, what are things you now know (besides the obvious like how to do dental procedures) that you didn't know as a pre-dental student. And what are things you thought you knew as a dental student that were not really true as a dentist (myths/realities about dentistry).

I would greatly appreciate any kind of input - since I am strongly considering a career in dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

ianwright said:
For all of you A) finishing dental school or B) practicing dentistry - I was wondering what your expectations were upon A) deciding to enter the dental field and B) completing dental school.

Finally - how have your expectations A) changed or B) remained the same after dental school - as a dentist.

Layman terms (w/o all the jargon) - as dentists, what are things you now know (besides the obvious like how to do dental procedures) that you didn't know as a pre-dental student. And what are things you thought you knew as a dental student that were not really true as a dentist (myths/realities about dentistry).

I would greatly appreciate any kind of input - since I am strongly considering a career in dentistry.

Nearly 50 views, but no replies?! come on, someone has to have some ideas...i would like to know too! :)

angeeeeee said:
Nearly 50 views, but no replies?! come on, someone has to have some ideas...i would like to know too! :)

I know right!

Members don't see this ad :)
Kissing a lot of ass will get you a long way.

psiyung said:

Still - No answer to probably one of the greatest questions 'ever' posted on SDN - If not the greatest, then definately in the top 3.

Can anybody answer my question?

Thanks

ianwright said:
I know right!

Has it crossed your mind that the majority of people viewing this ARE NOT A) Finishing dental school or B) a practicing dentist? Maybe that's why you aren't getting as many replies as you'd like. Sure, you get a few students here and there, and even a couple practicing dentists stop in every once in awhile, but the majority are pre-dent or about to start school.

Good question though.

fishindr said:
Has it crossed your mind that the majority of people viewing this ARE NOT A) Finishing dental school or B) a practicing dentist? Maybe that's why you aren't getting as many replies as you'd like. Sure, you get a few students here and there, and even a couple practicing dentists stop in every once in awhile, but the majority are pre-dent or about to start school.

Good question though.

"majority of people viewing (this forum) ARE NOT A) Finishing dental school or B) a practicing dentist"
-fishindr
(INTERESTING POINT) :thumbup:

But thank you for noticing that this could possibly be not 'a', but 'the' greatest question 'ever' posted on SDN. :cool:

NO one is responding b/c we are tired of you...my advice, chill with the posts.

J2AZ said:
NO one is responding b/c we are tired of you...my advice, chill with the posts.

ok

DrTacoElf said:
Dr. Jeff would be a good one to answer this question

True, but the question is too broad. It would require a novel to adequately answer it.

In a nutshell, pre-dents are largely ignorant of the profession. Further, dental students don't know as much as we think we know because we are often taught incorrect information.

The one thing I DO know is that dentistry is all about constant learning.

psiyung said:

Since when has kissing ass not taken one far in life?

edkNARF said:
Since when has kissing ass not taken one far in life?

It all depends on who the ass is attached to that your kissing. :D

eric275 said:
It all depends on who the ass is attached to that your kissing. :D

...and also how much/what type of kissing is done (eg. how much tongue action did you put forth)

Status
Not open for further replies.