There is a search feature!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leolanoles

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't posted a lot in the forum, but I have watched and read many of the entries in this forum for quite sometime. And this may irritate some people, but there is a search feature!! In the PCAT forum alone, there are so many posts over and over and over that ask what to study on the PCAT! If people would just search, they would get the information they need much faster! And people cannot tell you exactly what to study, it is prohibited! The pearson website breaks down what is on the test, and many people go above and beyond in this forum to help prepare other people for the test. Choosing not to use the search feature and reading what they have to say before posting a question that has been asked 1000 times is very disrespectful to these people. Just my 2 cents.
 
I'm glad when people ask a question even though it's already been asked because someone might answer it in a different way. I'd rather search and find lots of topics with answers to a question I have then just one. I think if it frustrates people so much and they find it that disrespectful they could just ignore the topic until it fades away to page 2. Either way, these forums have been a huge help to me and my studying! I'm glad similar questions were asked multiple times because it just made these forums that much better a resource for me. I've been using them for 2 months now and only recently posted a question simply because every question I had was already answered in a few different ways. Everytime I see a thread that says "What should I study" or "what kind of o chem is on pcat" I open it up and read every response, even though i've already searched and read similar threads, because something new might be in it and often times I'm rewarded with new tips. I think the great usefulness of this forum owes a lot to the same question being asked more then once.