There is CURE FOR AIDS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
flash said:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm

Wow. How can this be? For us, yes, it's going to be a very good new year. :smuggrin:

yes...most of the country is voting against their best interest. which makes me think they are stupid. but its good for me financially, so i don't mind.

so how is that a good point for you? the poor helping the rich? THANKS guys, hehe. that is even more selfless than i had hoped.

:smuggrin:

people know what's in their own best interests better than you think you do.

I think most conservatives, even poor ones, look at "the rich" (i.e., the productive elements of our economy, growth engines, people that employ people) and say, "good for them, I'm going to strive for that too."

Liberals get a bunch of people together, point and say "lets get the rich", "it's not too much to ask them to force them to give a little more", "they are to blame for ur situation", "they are 'fortunate' or 'lucky'."

Members don't see this ad :)
flash said:
people know what's in their own best interests better than you think you do.

I think most conservatives, even poor ones, look at "the rich" (i.e., the productive elements of our economy, growth engines, people that employ people) and say, "good for them, I'm going to strive for that too."

Liberals get a bunch of people together, point and say "lets get the rich", "it's not too much to ask them to force them to give a little more", "they are to blame for ur situation", "they are 'fortunate' or 'lucky'."
:thumbup:

medstyle said:
yes...most of the country is voting against their best interest. which makes me think they are stupid. but its good for me financially, so i don't mind.

so how is that a good point for you? the poor helping the rich? THANKS guys, hehe. that is even more selfless than i had hoped.

:smuggrin:
you really do believe that the rest of us are just stupid and blind to your enlightened and suiperior opinions don't you? I feel sorry for you and your short-sightedness.

medic170 said:
you really do believe that the rest of us are just stupid and blind to your enlightened and suiperior opinions don't you? I feel sorry for you and your short-sightedness.

i really do believe that. in fact, no one has argued any of my points, without attacking me and calling me "shortsighted" or "naive", when the specific arguments i presented remain untouched.

want more honesty? i feel sorry for you because you will have a DO behind your name. fair enough? how many conservatives know what a DO is? you better hope your patients are liberal, with that "newfangled" degree you're gonna be sportin'.

even I'M conservative enough to believe if you can't get into an MD school, you best be doing something else.

(see, personal attacks are stupid, aren't they? how about we stick to the topic...or not post at all)

only a republican would respond to the cure for AIDS with "lets not help the poor, they brought this upon themselves".

What would your Friend JC do?

Do mean to say that people who jump into bed with strangers and thereby contract AIDS did not bring it upon themselves? The thing with helping the poor is like helping someone who lost his job. I would find the guy another job, while you would rather let the guy live in your basement for the rest of his life and mooch off of you.

Aristotle said:
Do mean to say that people who jump into bed with strangers and thereby contract AIDS did not bring it upon themselves? The thing with helping the poor is like helping someone who lost his job. I would find the guy another job, while you would rather let the guy live in your basement for the rest of his life and mooch off of you.

yes, it is their fault they had AIDS, if by having sex = fault. However, nobody seeks AIDS, people GET AIDS.

So we should deny charity to people who get STD's or any other problem, like i dunno, a child, from having sex? Sex is dirty dirty, i know, but not everyone is ashamed of enjoying their body.

My argument is that most peole who require charity did something in their life to bring it upon themselves...if not by sex, then by ignorance or short sightedness. Is it your position that those whose mistake is sex are undeserving of charity?

In addition, I didn't say we need to spend billions on giving the treatment, but just giving them medicine at cost. What's wrong with that?

remember your man JC? "Ye who has not sinned cast the first stone"

I am not christian, i don't believe in much, but I can find great reasoning in that statement.

how about b/c it's not your medicine to give at cost. Go convince a drug company that owns the med to do this...that's my point, if they agree, I'm all for it. Why does the American taxpayer need to do it via govt?

2 things
a) Congress makes laws and approves budgets. Convince them, not bash Bush. (I know it's easy given a Democratic base that doesn't know how our govt works).

b) Every time you say gov't money, think money that people earned and belongs to them first. Then remember every dollar spent takes their money from their pocket against their will. These are people with families and children.

Start an AIDS medication for Africa walk-a-thon and be thankful for the contributions you receive. Raise money for every cause that is important to you, I want to help in any way I can if it's important to me, but I don't want the gov't getting into the business of taking my $$$ (against my will) and my choice of causes away from me.

You could thank GW, btw, for the $10B he pledged to AIDS in Africa. That's right the BILLIONS you thought we didn't need to spend.

medstyle said:
i really do believe that. in fact, no one has argued any of my points, without attacking me and calling me "shortsighted" or "naive", when the specific arguments i presented remain untouched.

want more honesty? i feel sorry for you because you will have a DO behind your name. fair enough? how many conservatives know what a DO is? you better hope your patients are liberal, with that "newfangled" degree you're gonna be sportin'.

even I'M conservative enough to believe if you can't get into an MD school, you best be doing something else.

(see, personal attacks are stupid, aren't they? how about we stick to the topic...or not post at all)

only a republican would respond to the cure for AIDS with "lets not help the poor, they brought this upon themselves".

What would your Friend JC do?

Wow, why the harsh personal attack? :eek: Anyway, not that it matters, but I was admitted to MD programs, I just chose DO. I don't know what that had to do with anything though? Your immaturity is showing now :(

Also, when did I EVER say "lets not help the poor, they brought this upon themselves". Now your making stuff up to put in MY mouth.

flash said:
I'll keep my thoughts simple b/c I'm tired from reading...
I'm done. God bless our troop and America.

That was about the only thing I agree with among your Fox News ranting. Our troops and the spirit of America are amazing, yes, but the rest of your argument is just a retread of political scapegoating and lies.

But hey, "living is easy with eyes closed," as the saying goes...

fotolilith said:
That was about the only thing I agree with among your Fox News ranting. Our troops and the spirit of America are amazing, yes, but the rest of your argument is just a retread of political scapegoating and lies.

I have heard that many liberals hate the fair and balanced rantings of Fox News??? :confused: It's #1 for a reason.

fotolilith said:

Everything else I said is opinion, just how I see the situation (I know you can't accept that - "how can this be? This kind of thinking only comes from brainwashing of Fox News and the rt. wing conspiracy"). You can spout off Fox News all you want, but I watch 15 minutes of Fox News at 6AM on the weekends for a quick summary of the news. My thoughts are my own and shared by many.

Classic - conservatives have their "eyes closed", not enlightened or intelligent enough to see the truth.

We're winning the culture war on all fronts...prepare urselves for more. Even thinking objectively about it, it really seems that it couldn't get any worse for libs and their ineffective ideas/policies. And I couldn't be happier.

I just can't wait to see you guys become unhinged some more and make our mission easier. Funny you mentioned ranting, the rants of you and your leaders handed us quite a bit this year.

:cool:

medstyle said:

Ummmm... if you actually were to look into it, you'd find that a vast majority of DOs practice in Red counties, not blue ones. So really, conservatives are much more likely to recognize and be treated by a DO than a liberal.

Just a thought...