chiba

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I searched forum trying to find this generous person again but can't find him/her!
It was about writing own dentist's LOR and someone offered that she/he can send his/hers dentist's LOR. The moment I saw that post I didn't know that I would need it too so I didn't ask. But now, I would love to have a look and get an idea (I am desperate at this point) so I was going to ask this person if I could get one too but I can not find this post again!
If I remember correctly this person was dental student....
Does it ring a bell to anyone? anyone??
thank you

UCSF2012

Tooth Rehab Student
10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2007
Status
Rehab Sci Student
I searched forum trying to find this generous person again but can't find him/her!
It was about writing own dentist's LOR and someone offered that she/he can send his/hers dentist's LOR. The moment I saw that post I didn't know that I would need it too so I didn't ask. But now, I would love to have a look and get an idea (I am desperate at this point) so I was going to ask this person if I could get one too but I can not find this post again!
If I remember correctly this person was dental student....
Does it ring a bell to anyone? anyone??
thank you
It's not the best idea to submit 2 identical LOR's to schools. And I believe the guy you're looking for is a non-trad male who has several years of military experience. In other words, I know exactly who this person is, but I don't think it's a good idea for 2 ppl to submit the same LOR. It's not even right to write your own LOR.

MrLebowski

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Dental
Chiba, that's somewhat ridiculous.

By the way, would you happen to be from Chiba (Japan)? Good city, that Chiba. Love to go back someday, assuming I make it out of debt.

OP
C

chiba

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
obviously, i am not going to send exact copy of the same letter:eek: and trap myself and other person
wanted to see what things are on there

I dont remember if that person was non-traditional... all i remember was that below the person's id, it said dental student. and said something like pm me i can give you my dentist's lor.. something like that.

and i don't see why it is so ridiculous.

and yes, chiba is nice city

MrLebowski

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Dental
Hmm,I guess I just don't understand why you would need to "see what's on there". I'd like to think you're not going to write a letter pretending to be a dentist and mail it in. That would be, what's it called...unethical?

OP
C

chiba

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
god!MrLebowski, why do you think i need to see it? because my dentist want me to make draft first. can't you guess?
seriously, how am i supposed to write one by myself and just submit it without real dentist? how is it possible? isn't it common sense that you need real dentist?
why would I just independently write and submit?? why would i risk myself?? and ruin everything, all the work ive done so far.
I mean how is it possible to submit lor without real dentist??????

MrLebowski

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Dental
I don't mean to accuse you of anything, I just got the wrong idea about what you were trying to do. It probably is possible to fake it, but it would certainly suck if the dental school tried to verify it and found out. But I now know that's not what you're gonna do.
Playa, play on.

OP
C

chiba

10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
oh my god, sloken, thank you so much!
i was going to give up because it seemed like i am crazy or something...
i will ask SanOnofre2002 if it would be possible.
thank you again!