Therex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hoopchicksw

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am about to have a huge practical after spring break and it's my first one involving therapeutic exercises. I was wondering if anyone had good resources for exercises or in general any tips. We haven't had to do so much thinking on our feet until this point, and I'm not 100% sure how to study for this specific practical!

Thanks a bunch!
 
I googled "therapeutic exercise" and came up with 780,000 hits. Some of the sites looked quite decent. Suggest you do the same.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am about to have a huge practical after spring break and it's my first one involving therapeutic exercises. I was wondering if anyone had good resources for exercises or in general any tips. We haven't had to do so much thinking on our feet until this point, and I'm not 100% sure how to study for this specific practical!

Thanks a bunch!

Good question. Selecting good exercises for each individual patient is no easy task, so keep that in mind - individualized and don't oversimplify YOUR reasoning. Picking good exercises for particular patient's is very complex. Focus on doing a good interview and evaluation of the patient and base the exercises you chose off that. Don't be a bonehead and chose to "strengthen and stretch" no matter what.

hep2go.com has good exercises uploaded by many PT's that'll give you lots of examples. Maybe you could look at cases you've gone over in school or in your textbooks and then think through your head what you think would be good exercises and why. And maybe look at that website above and see if you can find any good ones you think would be a match. Feel free to post a case on here and what exercises you think would be a good plan, I'll glady give you some feedback.

In general just chill and do the best you can. Take your time.
 
Thank you both! Some of those I've seen and some were new! I guess I'm just worried (I tend to overworry a little about practicals)...really, the most difficult thing is deciding what exercises are best for the specific case, but hopefully it will go well tomorrow!