they lost my check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miko

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a call from admissions today saying that they did not receive a check with my supplemental application. I swear I put it in the envelope. I counted all the application pages, put it in the envelope, and then put the check in the envelope. I had a visual of the check inside the envelope while I sealed it shut. I find it frustrating that I spend hours on end being obsessive-comulsive to make sure that everything about my pharm applications is accurate and complete with no mistakes and then someone screws up. This isn't the first time, either. Thank goodness someone called me rather than just tossed out my app. just venting...

My advice: staple your check to your app.

Members don't see this ad.

I find it frustrating that I spend hours on end being obsessive-comulsive to make sure that everything about my pharm applications is accurate and complete with no mistakes

Hopefully your OCD kicked in when you filled out your apps and you used spell-check...

J/k, just send another check and you are fine. Nobody is perfect.

if you have the check number, then call the bank to cancel it saying you lost it. and then, send another one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from admissions today saying that they did not receive a check with my supplemental application. I swear I put it in the envelope. I counted all the application pages, put it in the envelope, and then put the check in the envelope. I had a visual of the check inside the envelope while I sealed it shut. I find it frustrating that I spend hours on end being obsessive-comulsive to make sure that everything about my pharm applications is accurate and complete with no mistakes and then someone screws up. This isn't the first time, either. Thank goodness someone called me rather than just tossed out my app. just venting...

My advice: staple your check to your app.

Did the check clear? You might want to contact the bank on that one. Cancel it if it didn't, and then send one certified mail.

Did the check clear? You might want to contact the bank on that one. Cancel it if it didn't, and then send one certified mail.

I always put my check in a smaller envelope and attached it to a larger sheet via paper clip or small binder clip. Then I made sure I had delivery confirmation on everything I mailed. Overkill, maybe...but it worked for me.

The check hasn't cleared, and I sent another yesterday with delivery confirmation.

I always put my check in a smaller envelope and attached it to a larger sheet via paper clip or small binder clip. Then I made sure I had delivery confirmation on everything I mailed. Overkill, maybe...but it worked for me.

Not overkill at all. Next time I'll use your method.