They're Asking for Evaluations in Secondaries when I've Already Got Them in AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docycle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this is starting to confuse me. Why are schools asking me for evaluators when I have already submitted LORs to AACOMAS? I don't know why there wouldn't just be a checkbox for "my evaluations have been sent to AACOMAS." Are they not able to see them directly on AACOMAS? Or are they simply asking in case one isn't using the AACOMAS letter service? What do I do in the event that I am using the AACOMAS letter service but the school is asking for specific contact info to send evaluators rec requests? I seriously don't want my profs bombarded by like 5-10 e-mails from these schools where they'll have to establish accounts and upload the files for me. That's just ridiculous.

Any suggestions? What have you guys been doing about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Most DO programs accept letters from AACOMAS, not sure if any don't. I emailed several with the check boxes on their secondary apps just to confirm and of the over a dozen I applied to every one was fine with AACOMAS. Just hope your letter writers signed by hand and used official letter head as some schools are really really picky about such and don't tell you they didn't accept the letter until you confirm your application status.

Most DO programs accept letters from AACOMAS, not sure if any don't. I emailed several with the check boxes on their secondary apps just to confirm and of the over a dozen I applied to every one was fine with AACOMAS. Just hope your letter writers signed by hand and used official letter head as some schools are really really picky about such and don't tell you they didn't accept the letter until you confirm your application status.

I'm certain they did. But so when they ask you for contact info for an evaluator, what did you do? Input the actual prof's contact info? Or AACOMAS's contact info?

I'm asking because they DON'T have that kind of a checkbox. They're asking for contact info for profs and the DO recommender.

I'm certain they did. But so when they ask you for contact info for an evaluator, what did you do? Input the actual prof's contact info? Or AACOMAS's contact info?

I'm asking because they DON'T have that kind of a checkbox. They're asking for contact info for profs and the DO recommender.

I put in the evaluator's direct contact info, but never had them contact writers directly (I'm friends with the docs and profs so they would have told me). Several used the info to identify if the rec letters came from who they wanted. Like 2 from Science Professors, 1 from DO or MD, etc.

They know to look at the AACOMAS application. Three of the sites informed me of one professor who typed his signature vs signed by hand and one where a physician didn't put it on "official office" letterhead, but I had two physicians so it didn't matter actually. The schools contacted me directly, not the rec letter writers, and provided me an email for the rec writer to send what they needed. I asked the writer and they were happy to oblige for those three.

It was kind of amusing as the professor who didn't sign was a prof at the university I was applying to, the DO who didn't put it on letterhead was a grad of that university, and I'm a professor there, yet they wanted to be annoying about trivial rec letter requirements. Other universities really didn't care and I got interviews. The place that I chose to submit my deposit to asked for a hand signed rec letter, so it didn't hurt my getting in and the adcom reviewer told me they often have rec letters not meet their guidelines so they understand and contact the applicant.

These are little things that you don't have to stress over, so just let it go and if the school needs anything they usually ask or you'll see your application listed as incomplete so you can ask the status. :)

Reactions: 1 user