Thick cement makes me dizzy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCO47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you ever get used to the fumes? Can anyone offer up advice? Because I just fainted in front of a patient.

Members don't see this ad.

Tubing cement maybe? Or cement for fixing customs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, it's the tubing cement. I'm okay with thin cement, but the second the thick cement jar opens I'm done for. I can't be an audiologist if I can't work with tubing cement...

Sure you can. When you have your own practice, you will have to install an extractor hood, like they have in chemistry labs and kitchens. Or just avoid thick cement. I am not even sure I have encountered it. Do you mean Duco?

I haven't used thick cement for repairs or tubing glue since a lab in grad school.

WIth the tube lock systems already on tubing and most patients now using RIC's or open fits there is less need for thick cement.

I use basic tubing glue on some acrylic molds when gluing tubing in place but we are talking 1 or 2 little dots.

If you are using that much glue I have to wonder are you repairing something or re-building it? :laugh: