things for ms1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shorrin

the ninth doctor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

Do you really need a steth for ms1? Also, would you mind listing things you think are neccessary for first year?

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't buy a steth yet, your class might get some sort of group deal for you all. Just bring yourself and whatever else you need to survive. Don't buy any books until school starts either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buy first aid for the boards. IThey did a rondom survey of third year students asking them to grade the different review books and in the back of first aid, they have the grades given for a lot of review books.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
•Buy first aid for the boards. IThey did a rondom survey of third year students asking them to grade the different review books and in the back of first aid, they have the grades given for a lot of review books.•••••Actually, a new edition of First Aid comes out every year. I don't think that there is that much difference between every edition, but you might want to wait until the beginning of second year to purchase that book to avoid having to buy it twice.

How about a pair of scrubs? My first 6 weeks of class only consist of anatomy. Then again I work in a hospital, so I could "borrow" a few sets.

I work in a hospital too. where do you "borrow" scrubs from generally?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by shorrin:
•I work in a hospital too. where do you "borrow" scrubs from generally?•••••i got the code to the men's locker room from the housekeeping people. i go in there and take the clean scrubs in the shelves.

At my old job, I could get them from the laundry room. I'd just ask for a pair from the workers.

I only wear hospital scrubs at work now (not my own) because I got some jaundiced blood on my scrubs once and I don't wanna mess around with the chance of getting Hep.

During orientation, my school is having a setup to pimp all the necessary equipment that we need. I'm ready to toss some serious jack once they throw all that equipment into our collective grills! :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Future_Doc:
•During orientation, my school is having a setup to pimp all the necessary equipment that we need. I'm ready to toss some serious jack once they throw all that equipment into our collective grills! :D •••••fo sheazy!