Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

things for ms1

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by shorrin, May 14, 2002.

1. shorrin

shorrin the ninth doctor

Resident [Any Field]
    hey all,

Do you really need a steth for ms1? Also, would you mind listing things you think are neccessary for first year?

thanks!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ckent

ckent Banned
    Banned

Don't buy a steth yet, your class might get some sort of group deal for you all. Just bring yourself and whatever else you need to survive. Don't buy any books until school starts either.

4. Amy

Amy Animal Lover
    Physician

Attending Physician
    You WILL need one. Most schools do clincial stuff in the first year.

5. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    Buy first aid for the boards. IThey did a rondom survey of third year students asking them to grade the different review books and in the back of first aid, they have the grades given for a lot of review books.

6. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Banned
    Banned

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jalbrekt:
    <strong>Buy first aid for the boards. IThey did a rondom survey of third year students asking them to grade the different review books and in the back of first aid, they have the grades given for a lot of review books.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, a new edition of First Aid comes out every year. I don't think that there is that much difference between every edition, but you might want to wait until the beginning of second year to purchase that book to avoid having to buy it twice.

7. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    How about a pair of scrubs? My first 6 weeks of class only consist of anatomy. Then again I work in a hospital, so I could "borrow" a few sets.

8. shorrin

shorrin the ninth doctor

Resident [Any Field]
    I work in a hospital too. where do you "borrow" scrubs from generally?

9. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shorrin:
    <strong>I work in a hospital too. where do you "borrow" scrubs from generally?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i got the code to the men's locker room from the housekeeping people. i go in there and take the clean scrubs in the shelves.

At my old job, I could get them from the laundry room. I'd just ask for a pair from the workers.

I only wear hospital scrubs at work now (not my own) because I got some jaundiced blood on my scrubs once and I don't wanna mess around with the chance of getting Hep.

10. Future_Doc

Future_Doc Senior Member

During orientation, my school is having a setup to pimp all the necessary equipment that we need. I'm ready to toss some serious jack once they throw all that equipment into our collective grills! :D

11. phllystyl

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Future_Doc:
    <strong>During orientation, my school is having a setup to pimp all the necessary equipment that we need. I'm ready to toss some serious jack once they throw all that equipment into our collective grills! :D </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">fo sheazy!