Things I have learned about myself so far in Physics 2 ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sn00pygrrl

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. I should give up any hope of becoming an electrical engineer (j/k, never had any actual desire for that!). Seriously, I should not be analyzing circuitry for a living or someone's likely to get electrocuted because I failed to account for a discharging capacitor somewhere...

2. I am far more myopic than any of the "severely myopic" examples in the book with their weak -4D eyewear. I've been -8D in both eyes for about 15 years...

I'm about half-way through Physics II and trying to find ways to keep myself motivated to the finish line...
 
Understanding physics 2 will lend itself to performing well on the mcat and step 1. Unfortunately it all comes back again and again.
I definitely like the material--it's very engaging. I especially like magnetism and optics. And I'm looking forward to learning more about modern physics at the end of the semester. I just wish my professor had a more thoughtful lecture style--he basically just reads his slides at a rapid pace without explaining anything. But YouTube is full of great physics lectures (who knew!?), so that's helping me understand the concepts a lot.

Good to know that all of the work I'm putting into this class will help me later (hopefully, if I get there) in exams.