Things you have to do, but can't because you are sterile (sneeze, itch, etc.)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OK, we're all dying to know. What happens after the fancy dinner and fancy drinks? Handshake? Hug? Kiss? More...?

Members don't see this ad.

OK, we're all dying to know. What happens after the fancy dinner and fancy drinks? Handshake? Hug? Kiss? More...?

Just the way all good () movies start....

Members don't see this ad :)
We'll post a video on You Tube for all those interested. ;)

(C'mon...I'm too old for Blade...it would be like robbing the cradle)

But, but... You can be like the mature older chick in those movies who needs to show the young'un a thing or two about life...

And who says you're too old? I hear women around your age are in their prime! ;)

BTW- Love the new avatar. Dave Chappelle is the greatest.

But, but... You can be like the mature older chick in those movies who needs to show the young'un a thing or two about life...

Ha ha. At least I"m not the recent divorcee who hasn't had some loving in ages.:D

And who says you're too old? I hear women around your age are in their prime! ;)

That's right...aged to perfection just like prime beef!

I had to change it since you made fun of exercise kitten. I miss Dave Chappelle.:mad:

I miss the humping kitten... :(

He WASN'T humping...he was doing push ups to stay in shape.:mad:

Here's one more look for you...
Push up's.gif

He WASN'T humping...he was doing push ups to stay in shape.:mad:

Here's one more look for you...
View attachment 9445

I understand. Clearly his upper body is doing push-ups. No argument there.

But, see his tail wag? That's CLEAR INDICATION that his pelvis is a-gyrating as he's a-rockin' some (*****)cat underneath the floorboard. Glory hole?

Oh yeah! :banana: (That stupid dancing banana gets me everytime...)

Ask any of the DVMs on SDN! Tail-wagging in cats and dogs can only occur if the pelvis is undulating. That's a fact straight outta Schwartz.

Are you? Aren't you 33? 32? 34?

No, a little older than that...you can probably figure it out if you read my profile and see how many years I spent in school before going to medical school. I think I've even mentioned it in some threads where we we discussing questions asked...I had someone ask, "how would you feel being X during your Chief year?". I'll let you spend the next week looking for those threads. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
No, a little older than that...you can probably figure it out if you read my profile and see how many years I spent in school before going to medical school. I think I've even mentioned it in some threads where we we discussing questions asked...I had someone ask, "how would you feel being X during your Chief year?". I'll let you spend the next week looking for those threads. :laugh:

I was guessing based on your picture. :)

But, see his tail wag? That's CLEAR INDICATION that his pelvis is a-gyrating as he's a-rockin' some (*****)cat underneath the floorboard. Glory hole?]

WOW :wow:

We'll post a video on You Tube for all those interested. ;)

(C'mon...I'm too old for Blade...it would be like robbing the cradle)

I think the appropriate Hollywood terminology is a "Cougar". This is an older woman who is engaged/married/dating, etc a much younger man. Think of Demi Moore or Cher.

Then the humping kitten would be completely appropriate!;)

But, see his tail wag? That's CLEAR INDICATION that his pelvis is a-gyrating as he's a-rockin' some (*****)cat underneath the floorboard. Glory hole?]

WOW :wow:

Wait till you spend 1-2 yrs in the OR. You will be talking just like that. The OR cuts away all the covers, off patients and doctors.

I think the appropriate Hollywood terminology is a "Cougar". This is an older woman who is engaged/married/dating, etc a much younger man. Think of Demi Moore or Cher.

Then the humping kitten would be completely appropriate!;)

God bless the cougar.... if i could only find one to take all of my debt, life would be good :D

Wait till you spend 1-2 yrs in the OR. You will be talking just like that. The OR cuts away all the covers, off patients and doctors.

Hmmm... Perhaps I forget from time to time that this is generally a PG-13/NC-17 rated forum.

Will have to get the frontal lobe working again...

Hmmm... Perhaps I forget from time to time that this is generally a PG-13/NC-17 rated forum.

Will have to get the frontal lobe working again...

you're a vascular surgeon, give yourself a dorsal vein-frontal lobe bypass!

you're a vascular surgeon, give yourself a dorsal vein-frontal lobe bypass!

That makes sense. So everytime it gets engorged, my frontal lobe will get perfused, and I'll remember to be my old, inhibited self! Brilliant!

Alert the Nobel Committee!

Sounds like a plan! :) :thumbup:

I miss the humping kitten... :(

Are you? Aren't you 33? 32? 34?

I was guessing based on your picture. :)

Only thing better than a cougar is a cougar sugar mama. :)

I look several years younger than my age (or so I'm frequently told).

Great, so you look like what, 14? ;)

Bring your ID when we go out for drinks.

Lots of grab-@ss going on in this thread.....isn't that what the Drs. Lounge is for?

Lots of grab-@ss going on in this thread.....isn't that what the Drs. Lounge is for?
don't be a hater! besides, look at the title of the thread- not exactly a burning academic question...

don't be a hater! besides, look at the title of the thread- not exactly a burning academic question...

Don't get me wrong, I love f-ing around, and I don't believe this forum is sacred or anything.....I'm just getting a little tired of reading this kind of dorky online flirting.

Kim and Blade, you guys are great, and no offense is meant.......I'm just getting sick of reading the same stuff over and over again. At this point, there are like five people who post in the Surgery forum. We've lost all of the variability, and we're not ever getting any new posters (at least posters that have graduated high school).

Honestly, I think they're not reading or posting in here because every conversation is dominated by the same five people.

What do you guys think? You must of noticed that the number of med students in here is dwindling. That forces me to go to other areas of SDN to argue/start fights, and then they whine that we don't belong there......

I agree we've gotten off topic and gotten carried away. I think its ok to have a stupid thread every now and again in which people can goof off.

However, I've been around these parts for years and we have *never* had many med students who post here, so I highly doubt its the current thread which is pushing them away. I honestly don't see a change.

That said, I am open to thoughts on how we can attract more students to the Surgery forum, although I am not sure how to fix the problem that every thread is dominated by the "same 5 people" - if only me, Blade, Castro and you are active here, I don't see how we can fix that unless we just ignore the threads and let them go unanswered.

I agree we've gotten off topic and gotten carried away. I think its ok to have a stupid thread every now and again in which people can goof off.

However, I've been around these parts for years and we have *never* had many med students who post here, so I highly doubt its the current thread which is pushing them away. I honestly don't see a change.

That said, I am open to thoughts on how we can attract more students to the Surgery forum, although I am not sure how to fix the problem that every thread is dominated by the "same 5 people" - if only me, Blade, Castro and you are active here, I don't see how we can fix that unless we just ignore the threads and let them go unanswered.

You're probably right. I'm just getting frustrated and somewhat bored. Since SDN is one of the few websites that isn't blocked at the hospital, I think I rely too heavily on it for entertainment.

It would be nice to have some fresh blood in here, though.....

In the meantime, don't let my pissiness get in the way of your posting....

You're probably right. I'm just getting frustrated and somewhat bored. Since SDN is one of the few websites that isn't blocked at the hospital, I think I rely too heavily on it for entertainment.

search 'websense proxy'

there are ways to get around that nonsense. or set up remote access to your home pc. you can look at all the por- i mean, educational websites, you want!

It would be nice to have some fresh blood in here, though.....

In the meantime, don't let my pissiness get in the way of your posting....

I never do!:laugh:

I know what you mean though about using SDN as entertainment. When I moonlighted during fellowship, SDN used to be blocked and I would go crazy (it was a very quiet place and they even blocked most of the tv channels).

We do have a couple of newer users...see gasnewby above. Should I let Misterioso come back?:smuggrin:

I know there are lots of people applying for surgery, based on the number of interview notices I received here. What do people think we can do to encourage them to participate more and to attract others to SDN?

Unfortunately some of our previously-frequent posters were all the same person. :(

Hmm...sometimes I think that the threads get hijacked, so by the time someone else comes along, it has turned into a few people going back and forth about something tangential (or completely unrelated) to the original subject of the post...that or one of the so-called "five people" have already said what the rest of us would have responded. No need to say something that's already been said. (which probably explains why I'm been on SDN so long with relatively few posts compared to most people around here).

It's funny though, that all those troll threads tick people off even though people join in to disagree with the OP (and can admittedly get quite entertaining), yet threads with only "frequent flyers" posting tick people off too. Just can't win, I guess.

1) Surgical residents post less for the obvious reason - they're busier. (note - I am the exception because I am obviously far smarter, and therefore more efficient, than your average intern)

That's what I figured (the part about surgical residents being busier and less likely to post). When you become a PGY-2 Ortho resident, you too will have less time, but undoubtedly because of your superior intelligence you will find a way to do so.

2) This forum isn't the most welcoming place for med students

Why do you think that is so? What is it that the other forums are doing that are more friendly to students? Or are we just so cranky, especially with newbies and their repetitive stupid questions that we scare them off?

3) I think we have pretty nice variety here, even if it's not heavy on volume. Discussions of technique, a little venting, just a touch of "Can I get into competitive programs?", and some personal banter. Not too bad, compared to the rest of SDN.

I think so too..I like our forum. I'd be interested in hearing what we can do to attract more med students or at least get those that I KNOW are applying to post here and to keep them on as they become residents.

1) Surgical residents post less for the obvious reason - they're busier. (note - I am the exception because I am obviously far smarter, and therefore more efficient, than your average intern)

2) This forum isn't the most welcoming place for med students, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Do we really need a dozen threads about "What should I wear to my interview?" or "What are the competitive residencies in surgery?"

3) I think we have pretty nice variety here, even if it's not heavy on volume. Discussions of technique, a little venting, just a touch of "Can I get into competitive programs?", and some personal banter. Not too bad, compared to the rest of SDN.
I agree with that. Looking through recent threads, there's a lot of relevant "good stuff" mixed in there for students and residents alike.

Keep in mind also that now is 1. exam time for med students and 2. holiday/vacation season for students and (maybe some very lucky) residents as well. People are pretty busy this time of year, things will probably be picking up once things are less crazy. And all those students applying right now for surgery will be trying to rank programs and go on last minute interviews and posting stuff to that effect...if we keep their posts alive and keep responses helpful, they hopefully will stick around and post in the future.

I just wish you'd quit banning Kinetic.

You'll have to speak to other Admins and Mods about that. I've never been involved in banning kinetic and if he tells the truth, he'd tell you the same. Except for spammers, I haven't banned someone in ages.

And I wish JPH would start posting here again.

He is off post hold and just started posting last week.

Well, I'm not that frequent a poster... And with the exception of this particular thread, I don't think I've gotten all that raunchy with anything else. Yeah, yeah... I know. I love that dancing banana but even that has fallen by the wayside.

Lemme let it go again...

:banana:

...I'd like to think that those on the surgery pathway are more likely to :)eek:) look stuff up before they start reflexively posting on SDN. ...

:: Raises hand::

Between that and our natural instinct to try and avoid pissing off residents and attendings, I think most of us are more comfortable lurking.

(note i said instinct... nothing about being at all successful at it :D )

FWIW, I have never discussed it with him. I just assumed it was you because you're so mean. :D

That may be so, but I actually fought for his return or at least a second chance. When you know me IRL, you get "special favors" like that. ;)

I know. Confused why he hasn't posted here yet.

He has...in the Sloan thread.

Between that and our natural instinct to try and avoid pissing off residents and attendings, I think most of us are more comfortable lurking.

Spoken like a good medical student, don't speak until spoken to!:smuggrin:

The surgery forum is a great source of information, I check it out all the time but rarely post.....I only stop lurking if I have a question I can't find an answer to after exhausting the search function. Raunchy threads are good too....we can file it under the "culture" of the OR.....

Shoot... Whatever you wanna call it. "Appreciating the beauty of the same gender," lesbianism, homosexuality... If two chicks start kissing each other and enjoying each other's nakedness, that's cool with me.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TXGhim-fVI[/YOUTUBE]

:laugh: