Think I have a shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopingtogetluck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets see Overall GPA:3.23 Science 3.14 BCP 3.15

Some schools said I can send them my transcript with my summer school classes so my oGPA would be a 3.27 then science 3.18 and BCP 3.19

GPA over my last 60 semester units is a 3.5 gpa

300 hours volunteering and shadowing at a dental office
400 hours as a tutor
400 hours at the red cross volunteering
Worked full time in college to pay tuition and all my bills

DAT Breakdown took the test this past week, but application was already e-submitted.

PA 21
QR 20
RC 24
Bio 23
GC 22
OC 24
TS 23
AA 23

Schools I'm applying to so far: UOP, USC, both mid-westerns, LECOM, Western, USN, UNLV, USC, Temple, NYU, ASDOH. Would there be any other schools people recommend?

Yeah so basically wondering what peoples opinions are if I might have a shot, I was hoping my last 2 years with a 3.5 gpa would hold some weight, but not entirely sure if it does. I had talked to UOP admissions counselor and she said my transcripts looked fine, but just thought I would get other opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure it means you have nothing to worry about, especially with those DAT scores :thumbup:

whenever I see this kind of thread...I just want to say that people on sdn aren't the ones that will give you admission into any school. getting some confidence from the others is good but what if the outcome is completely opposite of your expectations? Just relax since you know what good stats are and what your chances are since you probably have viewed a lot of this kind of threads already. people are just gonna give you repetitive replies.

Good luck.

people are just gonna give you repetitive replies.[/QUOTE said:
thats what he is looking for... Your DAT is very competitive, and it will open a lot of doors, youll get interviews... then is all up to you. But you will get interviews

well the main thing i was wondering about how would they view my GPA. Like would they see it as, "oh he has a upward trend" or "oh his gpa isn't that great", that is what I am actually worried about.

well the main thing i was wondering about how would they view my GPA. Like would they see it as, "oh he has a upward trend" or "oh his gpa isn't that great", that is what I am actually worried about.

While your GPA is low, the upward trend combined with your DAT scores and possibly even your full-time job in college will most likely make up for it and get you some interviews.

While your GPA is low, the upward trend combined with your DAT scores and possibly even your full-time job in college will most likely make up for it and get you some interviews.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd call the schools and get the info yourself personally. No one here is on the admissions committee, just my opinion after being on this i have noticed that so while peoples opinions are nice and all they really are just guesses since no one really know.

Lets see Overall GPA:3.23 Science 3.14 BCP 3.15 Some schools said I can send them my transcript with my summer school classes so my oGPA would be a 3.27 then science 3.18 and BCP 3.19
300 hours volunteering and shadowing at a dental office
400 hours as a tutor
400 hours at the red cross volunteering
Worked full time in college to pay tuition and all my bills

DAT Breakdown took the test this past week, but application was already e-submitted.PA 21QR 20RC 24Bio 23GC 22OC 24TS 23 AA 23
Yeah so basically wondering what peoples opinions are if I might have a shot, I was hoping my last 2 years with a 3.5 gpa would hold some weight, but not entirely sure if it does. I had talked to UOP admissions counselor and she said my transcripts looked fine, but just thought I would get other opinions.
One might suggest that it is reasonable to expect that the opinion of a UOP admissions counselor might be a smidgen more authoritative than most of your sdn peers combined. With your 23, you could tell them that, had you passed up on the 1K hours of volunteering and, instead used them to study your regular course work you, quite likely, would have a better gpa.

I'd call the schools and get the info yourself personally. No one here is on the admissions committee, just my opinion after being on this i have noticed that so while peoples opinions are nice and all they really are just guesses since no one really know.

Calling schools and asking them their opinion is usually done before an application is submitted not while it is under review.

Some schools said I can send them my transcript with my summer school classes so my oGPA would be a 3.27 then science 3.18 and BCP 3.19

I personally think you have a good shot yo! Your DAT brings everything together.

Curious though, the schools you called said they will accept summer school transcripts and recalculate the gpa and basically consider the higher one? cuz aadsas wont do academic updates till like november or something

You have an "iffy" shot. You might get a few interviews with no acceptances, or you might get no interviews at all. Your DAT is killer but I'm afraid the lower end of the GPA especially science isn't promising at all. That being said, you EC's, work life do make up for it. If I were in Vegas and I had to bet for or against you, I would bet FOR you.

I think you'll probably get in somewhere, but you won't have much of a selection to "choose" from. GL!