Think this would help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benoir

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my professors is going to do a letter of recommendation as a poem.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know...I mean it might make you stand out, but not necessarily in a good way...so it's a risk..

Members don't see this ad :)
That's the dummmmest idea i have ever herd!!!!! I can't even think of an inteligent way to explain to you how stupid that would be....hmmmm....would you want a professor to write a song about you and send it in????

this is a bad idea. ask the prof to write a traditional LOR or find another prof.

You should confirm with your professor that he has the correct spelling of the word "troll."

Think about how much more effort that would require tho, its not simply _____ was in my class, he/she received such and such grade.

How adcoms would look at it I don't know, but you sure would stick out, for better or worse!

Think about how much more effort that would require tho, its not simply _____ was in my class, he/she received such and such grade.

How adcoms would look at it I don't know, but you sure would stick out, for better or worse!

to address your point, a poem simply is not appropriate for dental school applications.

no need to discuss this any further though; the OP is a troll looking for guillable idiots to believe this is a truthful post.

to address your point, a poem simply is not appropriate for dental school applications.

no need to discuss this any further though; the OP is a troll looking for guillable idiots to believe this is a truthful post.

Well I never said it was appropriate or not, just that it required more effort.

Also I do apologize, who am I to question your all knowing wisdom that you can definitively say what is and is not appropriate for ds applications.

Whats wrong with asking a question?

nothing's wrong with asking a question, we're all just giving our opinion. By asking a question you have to expect answers you're not going to necessarily like

I never said I didn't like them. I expected there to be a difference of opinion. A poem does add a sense of sincerity to the recommendation, but it is not as professional.

HA! I hope either you are kidding, or he/she was kidding. No one would really do that...right? You mean something like:

In my class Benoir made a wreath
So he tells me he likes teeth
I think he would do some really good work
He'd be alright with patients because he isn't a jerk.
Accept him to your esteemed school
He's really good at suctioning drool.

I wish I had such high quality and forwardly progressive thinking teachers when I applied....:smuggrin:

I'm glad I read this thread, as one of my professors has just told me he plans to send in my letter of recommendation in the form of a video-recorded interpretive dance. I'll have to ask him not to. :)

Well I did get an "A" in aerobic dance....

Let’s just say my yoga and Macarena inspired routine was fun.

I'm glad I read this thread, as one of my professors has just told me he plans to send in my letter of recommendation in the form of a video-recorded interpretive dance. I'll have to ask him not to. :)

HAHAHAH!!!
omg thats hilarious.