Thinking about Dropping Physics 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyYahya

College Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im currently taking physics 2, microbiology, orgo, a writing class and 2 easy one credit classes, a total of 17 credits. Im pretty sure Im getting an A in everything but Physics. I got an A in physics one but my teacher this semester is horrible. The average on the first test was less than 50% plus his tests are completely different from the work he assigns. I dont know what to do about the class cause if the class goes the way its been going me and everyone else in the class will be failing. Im currently a sophomore with a 3.94 gpa and 4.0 science gpa but I also have one w from last semester. Another thing to consider is if I drop physics 2 i'll only have 12 credits. I have room in my schedule to take physics again but Im not sure how taking only 12 credits looks to medical school. Help me figure out what to do please!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think taking 12 credits for 1 semester will look bad on your application at all. I took 12 credits one semester, and have been a successful applicant this cycle. Question--what did you withdraw last semester? If it was another science course, I would reconsider dropping a science course again this semester. It may look like you are unable to handle the rigor or such courses. Depending on your grade in physics 2 right now and the assignments/tests you have left, you may be able to pull up your grade if you work hard enough. Receiving B or B+ in one class won't hurt you badly at all, especially with the stats you have. Congratulations on the stellar GPA!