USMLE Thinking of adding another qbank other than uworld?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc-Oc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
advice? going through rotations atm.

Members don't see this ad.

do the nbme practise tests show solutions to answers like uworld?
UWorld + NBME practice tests = success. If you have trouble remembering the content and are doing poorly despite these two resources alone, make flashcards.

No unfortunately they don’t, so it does take some time to review these properly (you have to explain it to yourself, or hope someone on some forum has discussed the question). As a tutor this is one of the biggest things people ask me for, explaining the NBMEs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan might be a good addition, IF you have exhausted UWorld.

And the hard questions of USMLERx to mimic the style of the random Step 1 style questions that they might throw at you.

Kaplan might be better subject wise, because it can test lower yield concepts, and best used after you look at your UWORLD subject percentiles or NBME bars and work on your weak areas.

But UWorld and ALL the NBME self assessments, including the subject-specific ones FTW. Even the newly released Family Medicine ones. There are answers/explanations/discussion forums floating around.

I had a question on this as well.The IM shelf exam was very very broad for me . .I have to retake them. I felt like the exam tested on topics that I didn't see before. I'm going to through the Uworld q bank( for IM) a 2nd time, but I wanted to know if getting Kaplan would support and expand my knowledge? Are their explanations good? Or is it the complete opposite of step 1?

I already took the practice NBMEs before.