Thinking of going for DPT degree in my 40s

Started by KarateGirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KarateGirl

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking to talk to PTs/students who started their DPT degree in their 40s or later. I turned 43 this week, and I'm considering going back to school for PT. I'd love to get some perspective/feedback from others who have done it successfully. Thanks!
 
Nothing wrong with going back to school in your 40s, as long as you've carefully considered the financial angle. If you're single, it's simpler; if you have a family (spouse, kids), things can get really complicated.
 
I'm looking to talk to PTs/students who started their DPT degree in their 40s or later. I turned 43 this week, and I'm considering going back to school for PT. I'd love to get some perspective/feedback from others who have done it successfully. Thanks!
I'm 38 and married with 3 kids. I'm almost half through my first year. Let me know if you want to pick my brain.
 
I'm looking to talk to PTs/students who started their DPT degree in their 40s or later. I turned 43 this week, and I'm considering going back to school for PT. I'd love to get some perspective/feedback from others who have done it successfully. Thanks!

After working as a PT for a few years, started med school at age 30, completed training at age 41 so its never to late. Just make sure its cost effective -debt/quality of life as a student (eg. studying all day indoors on a beautiful fall/spring Saturday) versus income potential/fulfillment from profession. Think rule of thumb is that total student loan shouldn't exceed expected 1st year income