Third and Fourth Year Rotation Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paging_dr_maybe?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I was wondering how does the third and fourth year rotations work? Do you get matched with a site and then go there for the two years? Does the site change? How much notice do you get? If you have to go away for the rotation sites would you have to go back to the school at the end?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering how does the third and fourth year rotations work? Do you get matched with a site and then go there for the two years? Does the site change? How much notice do you get? If you have to go away for the rotation sites would you have to go back to the school at the end?

Thanks!
There is a lot of variability and it depends on the school. Some schools take care of arranging them and others expect the students to do the legwork to get them. For example, I went to a school where you largely picked from a database of available opportunities or you could arrange your own rotation outside of it. We used multiple clinical sites. They would give us as much notice as possible, but there were times when something might fall through. We had "away" sites but the school provided us housing for them.