dental2012

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
So this coming may I will be applying for my third time! I really do not understand what is wrong with my application. OK GPA but low DAT is probably what did me in this time too. Maybe its not meant to be? I am on waitlists for two schools and its getting very depressing.

Is there a website that could help me out with a personal statement?

bigstix808

Mac Daddy Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2007
GA
Status
Dentist
So this coming may I will be applying for my third time! I really do not understand what is wrong with my application. OK GPA but low DAT is probably what did me in this time too. Maybe its not meant to be? I am on waitlists for two schools and its getting very depressing.

i've heard this is legit. i didn't do it last year because i don't have the money to spend on someone to critique my essay (i also don't think mine is bad - gpa kinda knocked me out of contention). but, if you do, give it a shot.

http://www.essayedge.com/medical/editing/dental_index.shtml

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I personally do not believe in any proofreading sites, they are too unnatural.

USCbiograd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Charleston, South Carolina
Status
Dental Student

Check to see if your school has a pre-professional office. If so they will most likely be willing to look over your personal statement and critique it for you. But realistically, if your DAT scores are low and your GPA is mediocre, even a great personal statement will not get you accepted.

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
So this coming may I will be applying for my third time! I really do not understand what is wrong with my application.
Many schools have told me that they are more than willing to help students recognize areas where they can improve on their applications after getting rejected.

Try calling the schools, or meeting in person to get advice straight from the source!

dr bojangles

10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2007
Status
Dental Student
no reason for depression. the fact that you're on waitlists means you got interviews, which means you're doing something right that the schools like. as stated above, just call the schools, ask what they suggest be improved. good luck.