Third year school assignments/reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrashCanMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How much stuff does your school request you do? We just started and our school is requesting several hours worth of outside work per day, aka finishing several hundred page or more books per rotation, random online assignments, weekly or biweekly quizzes worth >10% of final grade (DO school). None of this includes our time to study for our shelf exams. They make zero mention of traditional resources like uworld and ome or even normal books like SUTM. I'm just assuming other schools at least have some extra work component. All I want to do is study for my shelves/read up on my patients but their requirements are getting in the way. This is after rehauling third year, but they've always had the mistaken thinking of adding and adding things fixes things.

What kind of requirements do you guys have to do?
My school is similar in third year, except our homework percentage is 20%. Everything is tedious and hardly worth your time. Just study for shelves and put zero effort into the homework. Worked for me all year.

I swear you are at my school. We had mandatory Kaplan Qbank blocks for each month. Patient and procedure logs. Reading assignments from Blueprints. Monthly OMM readings and quizzes, and on IM and Surgery Elective, EBM readings and quizzes. Monthly COMAT's. We also have 2 callbacks with 3 patient OSCE's, and a final 12 pt OSCE.
4th year isn't much better. Overly difficult OMM quizzes and EBM assignments

Members don't see this ad :)
that truly sounds like my worst nightmare. sorry op