this is my problem..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reacher

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took gen chem 1 and 2, taking bio 1 but had bio when i was in high school and took cal 1 & 2 and organic chem 1 and taking 2 right now. the thing is that i just canNOT believe the fact that i forgot 90% of the material from those classes and realize that i have to start from the scratch...
i'm sooooo frustrated right now... any suggestion at this point???
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i took gen chem 1 and 2, taking bio 1 but had bio when i was in high school and took cal 1 & 2 and organic chem 1 and taking 2 right now. the thing is that i just canNOT believe the fact that i forgot 90% of the material from those classes and realize that i have to start from the scratch...
thanks.
When someone does not remember 90% of the material in their courses, it is usually one of two reasons a) you did not really understand the material to begin with and were just borderline passing those courses or b) your studying is inefficient, probably because you procrastinate and cram all of the material 1 or 2 nights before the exam. Since you have a lot of grounds to cover, you would probably be a good candidate for a class like Kaplan. However, I would suggest you revamp your studying habits and do a little bit at least a few nights a week for a few months. If that is your problem, now is a good time to start that schedule because it is important to retain information, especially once you graduate from pharmacy school. Good luck!

thanks.

it seems like u forgot but u just need to go over the material and it will come back. alot of things in school u learn wont help u in the real world like physics for a pharmacist or calculus but u should still know the fundamentals at heart. ur problem is that ur probably just memorizing. If ur studying the heart and u just memorize then theres no way u would learn anything, knowing how it works is actually fun well for the heart at least. point is try to understand what u learn and how it works rather than just memorizing.