This lady is a genius!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid...veStartDate:vs:0&from=MSNHP&tab=m17&GT1=42003

Why didn't I think about this!!!!!

(Sorry the link is off MSN so you have to watch the 15 sec commercial first.)

Members don't see this ad.

This is going to end up in some sort of a lawsuit. Some parent will say that they fell under some false security of giving their kid this pill. Their kid dies and sues. Why would anyone buy some fake liquid or pill anyways? Give them pez or water + sugar + food coloring.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet she makes millions off of it......

Doesn't make it a good idea. I agree with the celebrity physician. A nation of hypochondriacs is one possible result of this. It'll only make it harder to practice pharmacy and to reach the people who really NEED healthcare.

Doesn't make it a good idea. I agree with the celebrity physician. A nation of hypochondriacs is one possible result of this. It'll only make it harder to practice pharmacy and to reach the people who really NEED healthcare.

I agree!

Oh yeah, BRILLIANT idea:rolleyes:
This just irks me.

Way to teach a kid that yes, pills relieve all your "owies" .

I bet psychologists/psychiatrists are gonna make a killing from all the future therapy if this "drug" becomes all the rage...

Why don't you be a parent and just hug/hold your kid (or offer some psychological comforting) instead of substituting pharmaceuticals?

There is a biological reason why we have pain/distress. It keeps us from doing things that shorten our life span.

Not to mention it's so ethical!

What happened to parents who just say, "suck it up." We are a society of whiners that produce workers who can't make it in because of sniffles and tummy aches. Please, the world's not fair, we don't always feel well, and contrary to popular opinion happiness is not the goal. Okay, maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night and my compassionate nature is lacking today.:oops:

What happened to parents who just say, "suck it up." We are a society of whiners that produce workers who can't make it in because of sniffles and tummy aches. Please, the world's not fair, we don't always feel well, and contrary to popular opinion happiness is not the goal. Okay, maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night and my compassionate nature is lacking today.:oops:

Don't forget the ones who call in sick to go on a minivacation.:mad:

At least she's securing our future, a new generation of hypochondriacs means more scripts for us to fill. And we all know deep down that that's all that really matters :rolleyes:

This is horrible! Just in the short 14 years that I have been a nurse I have seen the criteria for giving medication evolve. We went from trying to relieve minor symptoms of pain, colds, etc. by other non-medicated methods to now giving a pill for every little thing. This just makes it even worse. They're just trying to profit off of the society that is so medication focused; they aren't really trying to do anyone any good, not even the parents. That was obvious by the way the woman communicated. If you noticed, she couldn't even really explain the reasoning for this. :eek:

Don't forget the ones who call in sick to go on a minivacation.:mad:

Mental health is a legitimate reason to call in sick. Everyone needs to get away once in a while on short notice! :D

What a couple of money hungry people. This is heartbreaking to watch and I feel for the children who are subjected to these lies.

This is just plain ridiculous!! This lady coming on here thinking she's come up with something innovative. The placebo effect has been known for years, and nobody decided to cash in on it like she's doing because it's still not a cure, regarless of what it might be. She's being absolutely stupid and she's gambling with her kids' lives, and I can't believe she has the nerve to sit on tv and try to justify it like a healthcare professional.....
What is this country becoming?!!:eek:

Whatever is that quote that explains how when it comes to our health, it is pain that saves our lives the most....
Everybody hates pain...and everybody wants the fastest relief.....but without it we will never know something is wrong in the first place and we will all rot and die.

Status
Not open for further replies.