This pharmacist beated me to it...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.


This ought to tell you every thing you need to know about working for CVS.

Best quote "He says he was overwhelmed with customers before the dispute and uncharacteristically ''let it get to me.''."

Thats what happens you you work 14 hour days with no help as the only pharmacist. A lesson to all to stay the hell away from CVS it will rot your brain...Just look at OldDude the CVS recruiter/cheerleader.
 
This ought to tell you every thing you need to know about working for CVS.

Best quote "He says he was overwhelmed with customers before the dispute and uncharacteristically ''let it get to me.''."

Thats what happens you you work 14 hour days with no help as the only pharmacist. A lesson to all to stay the hell away from CVS it will rot your brain...Just look at OldDude the CVS recruiter/cheerleader.

Lol, I think its the fact that CVS believes in ordinary miracles aka ******ed customer service too much that many of us are overwhelmed. I had to yell at my lead tech and intern for literally spending 30 minutes on this ****** who believed there was some way to get his expired coupon through during rush hour. He made my tech and intern called the number on the coupon, another CVS that he frequents and much more. In the end, he still ended up sending a complaint.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol, I think its the fact that CVS believes in ordinary miracles aka ******ed customer service too much that many of us are overwhelmed. I had to yell at my lead tech and intern for literally spending 30 minutes on this ******ed who believed there was some way to get his expired coupon through during rush hour. He made my tech and intern called the number on the coupon, another CVS that he frequents and much more. In the end, he still ended up sending a complaint.

I remember those days...12 to 14 hours straight...of just getting yelled at or called a name...everyday was a battle...and for what? She probably deserved it...but either way...you have to be professional and control yourself...Again, that why i got the hell out...
 
Our district has gotten so many complaints the past few months, it's not even funny. Even our stores with decent techs & pharmacists got numerous complaints. Customers these days don't think twice before they complain to your pharmacy supervisor. If anything has gone wrong at all, including their own insurance issues, they will complain to corporate. It's ridiculous. Oh yes, CVS is cutting our tech hours again, and they don't know why our customer service suffers?? Idiots!! Is CVS the only company that does not believe in overlap? I talked to the pharmacist across the street, they have overlap everyday! I know we do more scripts than they do. +pissed+
 
Our district has gotten so many complaints the past few months, it's not even funny. Even our stores with decent techs & pharmacists got numerous complaints. Customers these days don't think twice before they complain to your pharmacy supervisor. If anything has gone wrong at all, including their own insurance issues, they will complain to corporate. It's ridiculous. Oh yes, CVS is cutting our tech hours again, and they don't know why our customer service suffers?? Idiots!! Is CVS the only company that does not believe in overlap? I talked to the pharmacist across the street, they have overlap everyday! I know we do more scripts than they do. +pissed+

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't anyone else feel ashamed or feel like a prick when complaining to a district supervisor/manager?

Only things I've ever complained about to a corporation have been:
#1 - Your credit card machines are always broken.
#2 - The "Fire" sauce at your restaurant is not even spicy.
 
I complained to Sears once because they practice ageism.

I'm 26 and make a decent salary...I just look like I'm a teenager. I'll stand there in the appliance section making eye contact with all sorts of employees...and I'll just get ignored. They assume the dude in the hoodie and cargo pants isn't worth the time to be a salesman towards. Which pisses me off...but I deal with it.

But one time in particular, I was there to buy a vacuum cleaner. I actually stood there, holding my wallet in the air...literally pointing at the display model...and they still ignored me while instantly helping middle aged buyers...after patiently waiting for about 15 minutes, I just screamed rather loudly, "I WANT TO BUY THIS VACUUM CLEANER!! DOES ANYBODY WANT AN EASY COMMISSION?"...and, naturally, about 3 Sears commission ***** monkeys all come flying towards me like a pack of vultures...

That pissed me off for some reason. It's not my ****ing fault I look like I'm 19. And my complaint resulted in a "we're sorry we suck" email. Which was enough for me.

Ever since, I've started just buying the **** online and picking it up at the store so they can't get commission. Har Har.
 
I complained to Sears once because they practice ageism.

I'm 26 and make a decent salary...I just look like I'm a teenager. I'll stand there in the appliance section making eye contact with all sorts of employees...and I'll just get ignored. They assume the dude in the hoodie and cargo pants isn't worth the time to be a salesman towards. Which pisses me off...but I deal with it.

But one time in particular, I was there to buy a vacuum cleaner. I actually stood there, holding my wallet in the air...literally pointing at the display model...and they still ignored me while instantly helping middle aged buyers...after patiently waiting for about 15 minutes, I just screamed rather loudly, "I WANT TO BUY THIS VACUUM CLEANER!! DOES ANYBODY WANT AN EASY COMMISSION?"...and, naturally, about 3 Sears commission ***** monkeys all come flying towards me like a pack of vultures...

That pissed me off for some reason. It's not my ****ing fault I look like I'm 19. And my complaint resulted in a "we're sorry we suck" email. Which was enough for me.

Ever since, I've started just buying the **** online and picking it up at the store so they can't get commission. Har Har.

You're frugal enough to live in a trailer yet you buy a vacuum cleaner at Sears? :laugh:
 
I complained to Sears once because they practice ageism.

I'm 26 and make a decent salary...I just look like I'm a teenager. I'll stand there in the appliance section making eye contact with all sorts of employees...and I'll just get ignored. They assume the dude in the hoodie and cargo pants isn't worth the time to be a salesman towards. Which pisses me off...but I deal with it.

But one time in particular, I was there to buy a vacuum cleaner. I actually stood there, holding my wallet in the air...literally pointing at the display model...and they still ignored me while instantly helping middle aged buyers...after patiently waiting for about 15 minutes, I just screamed rather loudly, "I WANT TO BUY THIS VACUUM CLEANER!! DOES ANYBODY WANT AN EASY COMMISSION?"...and, naturally, about 3 Sears commission ***** monkeys all come flying towards me like a pack of vultures...

That pissed me off for some reason. It's not my ****ing fault I look like I'm 19. And my complaint resulted in a "we're sorry we suck" email. Which was enough for me.

Ever since, I've started just buying the **** online and picking it up at the store so they can't get commission. Har Har.

Should've bought one from Bubbles instead. He'd have treated you right.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol youre kidding me right?

Dude, my family is Indian, I'm used to eating highly spicy foods. Ask any Mexican person and they'll tell you that Taco Bell's Fire Sauce is WEAK! If you want to call it Fire Sauce, put some habenero peppers in there. Oh yeah, the broken credit card machine belongs to the McDonald's across the street from Touro. I go in there to get a quick breakfast, wait on line for 15 minutes only, make my order, only to be told the credit card machine is broken when I pull out my credit card.
 
Dude, my family is Indian, I'm used to eating highly spicy foods. Ask any Mexican person and they'll tell you that Taco Bell's Fire Sauce is WEAK! If you want to call it Fire Sauce, put some habenero peppers in there. Oh yeah, the broken credit card machine belongs to the McDonald's across the street from Touro. I go in there to get a quick breakfast, wait on line for 15 minutes only, make my order, only to be told the credit card machine is broken when I pull out my credit card.

FWIW, I don't find it that spicy either, and I'm sure you can guess my ethnicity. Their Fire Sauce has nice flavor though, and while the spice isn't that strong, it also isn't completely absent. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

It's broken every time? Now that's weak. I went to the Wendy's by my house one time a few months back at 11 PM and was told their credit card machine was broken before I even ordered. Ruined my night. I don't think I would ever go there if it were a regular occurrence. Egg McMuffins are pretty tasty though.
 
Taco Bell's fire sauce is the lamest thing since hot sauce was invented.

I complained to doritos once that their spicier nacho chips werent any spicier than their regular nacho cheese ones. Although they now have a habanero flavor out that has a decent amount of spice, when you can actually find it.
 
Taco Bell's fire sauce is the lamest thing since hot sauce was invented.

I complained to doritos once that their spicier nacho chips werent any spicier than their regular nacho cheese ones. Although they now have a habanero flavor out that has a decent amount of spice, when you can actually find it.

The Habenero Doritos are ****ing amazing. I'm always disappointed though when most stores don't have them. They're good by themselves, or you can dip them in salsa for some added spice. God damn, now I'm salivating for them.
 
The Habenero Doritos are ****ing amazing. I'm always disappointed though when most stores don't have them. They're good by themselves, or you can dip them in salsa for some added spice. God damn, now I'm salivating for them.

WORD! Nothing better than dipping spicy chips in even spicier salsa. Once i started doing that i never ate doritos by themselves again.
 
The Habenero Doritos are ****ing amazing. I'm always disappointed though when most stores don't have them. They're good by themselves, or you can dip them in salsa for some added spice. God damn, now I'm salivating for them.

Guess I got to send my tech down to the Waldbaums to get me some.