This profession has no backbone.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Then GTFO if you think this is a sorry excuse for a profession and you're too lazy to write or even join an organization. You call people out for not having a backbone, and yet you admit you "don't feel like" doing anything about it. Are you going to DC in March and talking to members of Congress in person about pharmacy? No? I should be calling you a spineless coward, not the other way around.

Exactly, peole bitch about pharmacy sucking now, but don't do anything about it. I will be going to DC, as well as to Harrisburg for state legislative day, and I suggest that other people also go to both hill visits and their states' capitol visits.

There is also a problem with people just not minding the work conditions. Last week I heard someone (a P2 student) say "All you really need to know as a pharmacist is how to count to 30". Many people don't care about MTM or anything like that.

Members don't see this ad.

Exactly, peole bitch about pharmacy sucking now, but don't do anything about it. I will be going to DC, as well as to Harrisburg for state legislative day, and I suggest that other people also go to both hill visits and their states' capitol visits.

There is also a problem with people just not minding the work conditions. Last week I heard someone (a P2 student) say "All you really need to know as a pharmacist is how to count to 30". Many people don't care about MTM or anything like that.

That's ridiculous! What happens when you need more than 30? Crazy! "Sorry, I can't fill prescriptions greater than 30."

Seriously though, perhaps the student was joking, or the statement was taken out of context. I cannot imagine anyone saying that, except as a joke.

That's ridiculous! What happens when you need more than 30? Crazy! "Sorry, I can't fill prescriptions greater than 30."

Seriously though, perhaps the student was joking, or the statement was taken out of context. I cannot imagine anyone saying that, except as a joke.

I dunno. I've met some students that have said pretty much the same thing. "I don't know why they're teaching us this useless statistics! All I need to know is how to count out the pills, stick them in the bottle, and slap a label on it."

Members don't see this ad :)
Then GTFO if you think this is a sorry excuse for a profession and you're too lazy to write or even join an organization. You call people out for not having a backbone, and yet you admit you "don't feel like" doing anything about it. Are you going to DC in March and talking to members of Congress in person about pharmacy? No? I should be calling you a spineless coward, not the other way around.

:sleep::sleep:

Actually I only count to 30, and then I start a new count, otherwise I end up losing count.

Actually, now you need to count to 90 since they have started the 90 for 9.99 programs! Get with the times and see how our skill set is increasing...

Actually, now you need to count to 90 since they have started the 90 for 9.99 programs! Get with the times and see how our skill set is increasing...

With automation, precounted bottles, mail order, etc...soon u only need to count money

Well of course it was a half-joke I'm sure, but there's some truth to it. Some students think we shouldn't have practice lab or have to write SOAP notes because they'll never have to use clinical skills or SOAP a patient in real life. I see why people look down upon 0-6 programs; people started as freshmen in it for the money, and some are still in it for the money. Nevertheless I will still defend the existence of 0-6 because many students do benefit from such programs.

Here in the UK, we have had enough. look at http://www.the-pda.org/
The Pharmacists Defence Association.
Just attended their conference at the weekend where all these matters were discussed.
At a recent election, all candidates opposed to remote supervision were elected.
For too long we have obeyed the will of Govnmt and the chains. Now we are prepared to fight!
johnep

Here in the UK, we have had enough. look at http://www.the-pda.org/
The Pharmacists Defence Association.
Just attended their conference at the weekend where all these matters were discussed.
At a recent election, all candidates opposed to remote supervision were elected.
For too long we have obeyed the will of Govnmt and the chains. Now we are prepared to fight!
johnep

This is interesting. So how will you get the chains to give you lunch breaks and limit them forcing you to do 12-14 hour days? Are those problems you have to put up with in the UK?

Well of course it was a half-joke I'm sure, but there's some truth to it. Some students think we shouldn't have practice lab or have to write SOAP notes because they'll never have to use clinical skills or SOAP a patient in real life. I see why people look down upon 0-6 programs; people started as freshmen in it for the money, and some are still in it for the money. Nevertheless I will still defend the existence of 0-6 because many students do benefit from such programs.

I will have to disagree. SOAP notes aren't for everyone. 80 percent of the class is going into retail. Retail Pharmacy will always exist when there is money to be made it will exist. Retail pharmacists never get lab values of patients thus they aren't going to diagnose a patient. I see the purpose of them because they are used to apply the knowledge we gain but seriously in the real world half the knowledge you learn in school most people don't use.

Guys lets just forget abt this topic, i think the OP is probably struggling in his P1 classes and is venting out here or this profession is probably too much work for him as suggested by his public profile page ["Me want to work when me want to, but most of the time me want to chill, me want to hang with me bitches, me just want to relax. ." (this is from his public profile) ] hahahah... i think Mcdonalds might hire you bro...good luck :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guys lets just forget abt this topic, i think the OP is probably struggling in his P1 classes and is venting out here or this profession is probably too much work for him as suggested by his public profile page ["Me want to work when me want to, but most of the time me want to chill, me want to hang with me bitches, me just want to relax. ." (this is from his public profile) ] hahahah... i think Mcdonalds might hire you bro...good luck :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

... wow.. ever wonder if maybe he was quoting someone? also whats wrong with wanting to work whatever hours you can , and relaxing during your free time.. It appears you are new. Atticus is well known for his crazy quotes he puts all over his signature, status, and profile

Here in UK we are subject to European Working Time Directive. This stipulates that 20 min break must be taken after six hours. Also, working week limited to 48 hours. Problem is that stores want to supply full services throughout the day. Snacking in the dispensary frowned upon by Pharmacy Society (No food in the dispensary). However, rules do not apply to self employed so locums (self employed relief) can work 10, 14 0r even 16 hour days.
Recent error case where locum worked 10 hours without break.
A break is defined as a complete physical and mental break with freedom to leave the premises.
johnep

... wow.. ever wonder if maybe he was quoting someone? also whats wrong with wanting to work whatever hours you can , and relaxing during your free time.. It appears you are new. Atticus is well known for his crazy quotes he puts all over his signature, status, and profile

Bro google "sarcasm" and report back on your findings

Bro google "sarcasm" and report back on your findings

Use Yahoo! instead. That way, their site can stay in business, because I heard that if they go belly up, a lot of their employees are considering pharmacy school. That's gonna cause some saturation issues.

Use Yahoo! instead. That way, their site can stay in business, because I heard that if they go belly up, a lot of their employees are considering pharmacy school. That's gonna cause some saturation issues.

guys.. a whole bunch of noobs getting into the profession is actually better for us. jobs will still go to the real go-getters and smart people in the group.