This round is on me!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarahjth

PharmD Wannabe!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:hardy: I'm 21 today!! Maybe really young to some of you and old to others.. but I just wanted to say if you buy a drink today, mail me the check because today the round is on me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, don't forget the morning after Rx:
Vitamins, Acetaminophen, and lots of H2O... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, the general rule is acetaminophen while drinking, ibuprofen for the hangover. Ibuprofen + alcohol = bad. Acetaminophen + alcohol dehydrogenase (which is in your system after drinking) = bad. :)

You gotta drink lots of fluids the night of, too, or else the morning is going to really bite.

I like where this thread is headed: "The Chemistry of Drinking"

This is the stuff I really need to know from all my chem classes.

yeah, hey my fellow future drug dealers.. hehe.. what's a good cure for hangovers?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! :D

sarahjth said:
yeah, hey my fellow future drug dealers.. hehe.. what's a good cure for hangovers?

In college after a night at the bars my friends and I would go back to our apartment and have what we called "water parties"... we would stand around the kitchen and see how many glasses of water we could drink before going to bed. I think more water usually ended up on the floor or up someone's nose, but it definitely helped the next morning with the hangover!! Have fun tonight- you only turn 21 once! :laugh: :D

sarahjth said:

The headache is caused by dehydration. Make sure you drink enough water before going to bed. Do not take Tylenol before you go to bed. Aspirin is okay.

1. eat early in the night (i know people usually say to eat while drinking to slow absorption and all of that good stuff but the fact is... you're going to puke would you rather puke just alcohol or would you rather puke dinner?)

2. water is great... drink up.... watch out towards the end of the night though b/c sometimes water just makes me sicker.... Also... drink enough water that night to avoid being extraordinarily dehydrated... not only will you have a head ache, be sick to your stomach... sometimes when you rehydrate you will actually get drunker....

3. i've been told to take a B complex prior to going out. not sure that it works for the next day but hey... it can't hurt.

4. don't bother with any of the "chaser" products or anything like that.... its just activated charcoal which doesn't absorb alcohol anyway.

5. a lot of people like really greasy foods after a long night of drinking to settle their stomach.

6. don't do shots of 151 at the end of the night.... it will be bad..... very very very bad......

7. if you can just stay up late enough to be relatively sober when you go to bed....

8. if the room is spinning.... sleep on the floor.. it helps

well
now that i have revealed myself as the obvious party girl on the forum....

i hope someone benefits from my advice...

sarahjth said:
:hardy: I'm 21 today!! Maybe really young to some of you and old to others.. but I just wanted to say if you buy a drink today, mail me the check because today the round is on me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! GET IT CRUNK!! lol

As some people say the way to cure a hangover is to drink more alcohol- drink your hangover away. hee hee.

Anyways Happy B-day!

Ibuprofen and Gatorade: the only cure for a hangover

Happy bday

I have downed a few Propels because I guess it helps hydrate you and gives you some vitamins.. Plus, I get the worst calve cramps after dancing all nite in stillettos.. and Propel helps with cramps. LOL. I asked my doctor how to cure leg cramps from stillettos and she said propel and viactive chews. :)

So now you can have a pain free nite in high heels and heavy drinking!!
Right now, I just got back from supper and my boyfriend is taking me out.. I hoping to get my three stone :love: diamond :love: ring tonite (not engagment but like my 3rd promise ring. LOL) :D

But we are going to my favorite bar, The Pace ! It's $2 Sex on the Beaches and they are yummy! :laugh: I mean this is my first nite of drinking...... riiight!

bananaface said:
Actually, the general rule is acetaminophen while drinking, ibuprofen for the hangover. Ibuprofen + alcohol = bad. Acetaminophen + alcohol dehydrogenase (which is in your system after drinking) = bad. :)

You gotta drink lots of fluids the night of, too, or else the morning is going to really bite.

Have you ever heard of Berocca? It is a vitamin drink (when mixed with water). I got it in Austrailia and all of the Aussies rave about it for a hangover. I used it a couple of times and it seemed to make me feel better, but yet maybe it was in my head. :)

sarahjth said:

Happy B-Day. How about I take a drink for you? Well maybe after finals are over.

Smilescali said:
Have you ever heard of Berocca? It is a vitamin drink (when mixed with water). I got it in Austrailia and all of the Aussies rave about it for a hangover. I used it a couple of times and it seemed to make me feel better, but yet maybe it was in my head. :)
I never have. I don't know much about vitamins for a hangover.

All I know is potassium helps leg cramps. . . but I heard B helps with hangovers. I didn't really get that intoxicated.. I was kinda bummed because I dropped my cocktail mixer bottle on the floor and it splattered everywhere.. I spent an hour cleaning up glass and cranberry... It was no good. But I had a good birthday! Thanks for all the messages and PMs!! You guys are really awesome. I am glad I found this message board.. I truly think it makes you a more knowledged and very competitive pharmacy school!

:)
sarahjth said:
All I know is potassium helps leg cramps. . . but I heard B helps with hangovers. I didn't really get that intoxicated.. I was kinda bummed because I dropped my cocktail mixer bottle on the floor and it splattered everywhere.. I spent an hour cleaning up glass and cranberry... It was no good. But I had a good birthday! Thanks for all the messages and PMs!! You guys are really awesome. I am glad I found this message board.. I truly think it makes you a more knowledged and very competitive pharmacy school!

I've heard milk thistle works. I took it with me to New Orleans once. I couldn't tell if it worked or the breakfast bloody mary. Oh well. Have fun