This site ruined me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txryan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:( I hate to say this but I think this site has killed my desire to work in medicine in any way. I really have a passion for it. However after reading hundereds of posts I have become somewhat disillusioned.

First I have never seen a field that is more of a pissing contest. I mean all I hear is about who does or doesn't know what. who can or can't do this. Or who is more qualified. I mean is working in medicine really like this on a daily basis? Do doctors really look at everyone else like they are second class? I know some don't.

This theme just seems to permeate this entire field. Also it seems as if entire careers shift back and fourth at a moments notice. This persons rights are changed because of Bill:22901 etc..... I don't see much stability in that.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but theoreticaly the entire PA profession could cease to exists because of one law change. I may be showing my ignorance here. I will admit my lack of experience and knowledge. I just don't find the entire enviroment very inviting. Sorry for the rant I just wanted to share my experience.
:(
P.S. Please excuse any spelling or typos, I'm in a hurry

Members don't see this ad.

txryan said:
:( I hate to say this but I think this site has killed my desire to work in medicine in any way. I really have a passion for it. However after reading hundereds of posts I have become somewhat disillusioned.

First I have never seen a field that is more of a pissing contest. I mean all I hear is about who does or doesn't know what. who can or can't do this. Or who is more qualified. I mean is working in medicine really like this on a daily basis? Do doctors really look at everyone else like they are second class? I know some don't.

This theme just seems to permeate this entire field. Also it seems as if entire careers shift back and fourth at a moments notice. This persons rights are changed because of Bill:22901 etc..... I don't see much stability in that.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but theoreticaly the entire PA profession could cease to exists because of one law change. I may be showing my ignorance here. I will admit my lack of experience and knowledge. I just don't find the entire enviroment very inviting. Sorry for the rant I just wanted to share my experience.
:(
P.S. Please excuse any spelling or typos, I'm in a hurry

It's just on forums and in school when people feels insecure. I haven't found it to work like that in the real world and if it did I would jsut find another job where it wasn't like that. It's complete lunacy and attempts to make their own fragile egos feel better.

I know hwo you feel, and my only consolation is that it's NOT liek that. Just sit back and have a chuckle at the circus monkeys.

I agree completely. When I look at other forums they seem to remain professional about most issues and offer great advice. Not sure how thie hierarchy got started in this forum and I wish we could all appreciate the value each profession brings to the world of medicine and not degrade each other.

EMDream said:
It's just on forums and in school when people feels insecure. I haven't found it to work like that in the real world and if it did I would jsut find another job where it wasn't like that. It's complete lunacy and attempts to make their own fragile egos feel better.

I know hwo you feel, and my only consolation is that it's NOT liek that. Just sit back and have a chuckle at the circus monkeys.

Members don't see this ad :)