Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm I haven't received anything yet...maybe they don't send them all at the same time? Now I am worried :/ always something to worry about!

Members don't see this ad.

QUESTION for those of you w/ supp. app. already,,,,
1. when was your OTCAS verified?
2. did it come by mail or e-mail?

thanx ~~~!

Hmm I haven't received anything yet...maybe they don't send them all at the same time? Now I am worried :/ always something to worry about!

I know someone who hasn't gotten theirs yet, they talked to Don yesterday and he said it should go out today. Sounds like they were sending out some yesterday and some today, I doubt it has anything to do with their ranking of student. Probably just didn't want to overload servers... maybe it's even by last name. Mine is in the first half of the alphabet and my friend's is in the last half.

@hotpebbles: Last couple days of July (but same for my friend who hasn't received his yet), and, email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the information rcludo...still haven't received mine yet :/

So everyone knows, I just spoke with the Office of Admissions at Jefferson and they let me know they are having a slight issue with sending out their supplemental applications. Many individuals who should have already received it last week haven't yet (myself included) If you haven't gotten the supplemental application don't worry it is coming!

i've recently got an e-mail w/ title "your application is incomplete", which shows that i'm missing supp. material. At this point, i'm just waiting for the school to send me the link w/ id & password.

HOWEVER, my concern/question is did all of you send in the RESUME to OTCAS?
In the middle of the e-mail it states "Letters of recommendation, transcripts and your Curriculum Vitae or Resume must be sent directly to OTCAS."

Was there even a page for resume? I've already submitted mine, and i'm afraid TJ won't even look at mine and considerate it as "incomplete" OTCAS app....

The "resume" is part of the work experience and other experience section. There is no "resume" section in OTCAS the expectation is that you will of listed all work expereinces which appear on your resume in OTCAS.

thanx coolrunnins. such a relief. yup. i did fill in those parts.

My supplement finally came. It comes in two emails for those who have yet to receive it. one has your login and the other has your pin.

I finally got my supplemental application today too! :) OTCAS verified my application on Sept. 3rd.

Last edited:
I received my supplemental application today (October 8th)! To put it in perspective, my application was verified September 17th.

I think it's funny that it took them so long to send out the supplemental apps when they consist of, what, 3 questions? And a couple checkmarks? I was expecting some big essay or set of short answer questions or something. Very happy with what it turned out to be. More time to focus on other schools' essays...

Yea I don't know why it took so long! OTCAS was verified Aug 12th! So definitely am glad I can focus on other applications now :)

I was expecting a prerequisite checklist of sorts, or a form to fill out. But nothing was ever requested by Jefferson. Anyone wondering the same thing? A lot of other programs ask for a checklist or form to be filled out in this regard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I submitted my deposit to Jefferson about a week ago and am fairly confident I will be attending! Anyone else?

I am 50/50 right now (but sent in my deposit)! I will know for sure the beginning of April. Are you going to the new student session tomorrow?

Last edited:
Are you waiting for another program? I emailed them to see if they're hosting another accepted students day because it would be more convenient for me to travel to Philly from my college (which I go back to on Sunday--poor timing!). If they're not holding any other days, I think I will be attending tomorrow. How about you?

I'll be there tomorrow! Driving from DC and leaving early in the morning. Maybe I will see you there!

I actually have a deposit in at VCU as well. Normally I wouldn't put in two deposits but I am moving with my longtime boyfriend who is applying to law school next year. We are waiting for his scholarship info from a couple schools in VA before we make our final decision. :)

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I submitted my deposit to Jefferson about a week ago and am fairly confident I will be attending! Anyone else?
I put down a deposit at Jefferson as well and am 95% certain I'll be attending in the fall. There's one school I was wait listed at that I could be swayed away from Jefferson by in the event that I was taken off the wait list and they offered me a considerable scholarship, but that seems very unlikely at this point.

I live in Chicago so getting to the open house is cost prohibitive, but I wish I could go!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm definitely attending! Unfortunately, I can't attend the new student session. Does anyone know of a facebook group for our class?

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be there tomorrow! Driving from DC and leaving early in the morning. Maybe I will see you there!

I actually have a deposit in at VCU as well. Normally I wouldn't put in two deposits but I am moving with my longtime boyfriend who is applying to law school next year. We are waiting for his scholarship info from a couple schools in VA before we make our final decision. :)

No kidding, VCU is pretty much the other school I am deciding between! And yes, I think I will be there. :) And @tguido I haven't heard anything yet about a facebook group.

Hi all! I am definitely attending in the fall. I was wondering the same thing about a Facebook group- would be nice to make some contacts within our cohort.

I am currently making my decision to go to Jefferson; received a spot from the waitlist a week or so ago. I'm a California native and will, most likely, be making the big trek over to Pennsylvania..
Any insight on your reasons for choosing Jefferson?

Hey @CMstudent64 and @tguido. So I was searching FB and couldn't find a group for our class, but it looks like the DPT students at Jeff created their own unofficial group for their class with a student admin. I just tried to create our own group, but apparently I can't be the only person in the group and I can't invite you guys yet because I don't have your FB contact info. If one of you guys could PM me your FB contact info so that I can add you, then I can create the group and post a link to our page on this thread so that other people can join. Thanks!

just requested to join the facebook group...looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation day in July!

Hi BLS614! I was just wondering what you ended up deciding on VCU versus TJU?

Hi BLS614! I was just wondering what you ended up deciding on VCU versus TJU?
Hey lcs2074, sorry for the late response. I decided on VCU and started classes last week! My boyfriend ended up getting a great scholarship to a nearby school so it all worked out in the end. :) Hope you enjoy Salus!!

I was just accepted to Jefferson off the wait list!!!!!! So excited :)

Reactions: 2 users
i'm in i'm in~~~!!!! when is the orientation date?
and do you guys think i can live without a car for 2 yrs? I'm from cali so i'm not sure if i want to bring my car or sell it.

Do you mind sharing your stats pls

Sure! I posted my stats below. While on the wait list, I did send frequent updates via email on my remaining prereqs, my job as a rehab aide that I began in January, and continued shadowing experiences. I also gave them another letter of rec from an OT I work with, which I think may have helped. Good luck! Its a great school and was totally worth the extra effort. :)

OTCAS calculated overall GPA: 3.1 (graduated 2010, 4.0 post-bac)
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 161 Verbal, 152 Math, 4.5 AW
OT volunteering: ~ 150 hrs observing/volunteering in 5 settings
Other volunteering: City Year Americorps, ABA tutor with preschoolers with autism, assisted a professor with a disability advocacy related research project
OTCAS verified: Sept 3rd

Applied: Temple, Thomas Jefferson, Philadelphia U, Salus U
Interview: Salus U (12/12)
Denied: Temple
Waitlisted: Jefferson
Accepted: Salus, Philly U, Jefferson (7/8)

Do you mind sharing your stats please !! i was on waitlist too . I will apply next year again
Sure, here are my stats. Best of luck on reapplying ! :)
University: Penn State
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.75
Prereq GPA: 3.74 - 4.0 depending on the school
GRE: 154 V, 156 Q, 5.5 AWA
OTCAS verified: September 19th
OT Observation Hours: 24 hours in SNF, 68 hours in hand therapy, 16 in outpatient care
Extra-cirric: 80 hours creating programs to help children with autism, ODD, and ADHD develop friendships and positive social skills, Resident Assistant for 3 years, 500 hours volunteering for Penn State's THON to raise money for and support children and their families battling pediatric cancer, Occupational Therapy Club, Adopt-A-School, National Residence Hall Honorary, Be a Match member, Merchandise Chair, tutor for students with disabilities, resident assistant mentor, and a little research experience.

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Pitt, Sacred Heart, Utica, Ohio State, Misericorida U
Acceptances: University of Pittsburgh (12/18), Temple(1/18), Ohio State(2/26), Misericordia (3/25), Thomas Jefferson (4/3)
Rejections: N/A
Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson (2/14)
Interviews: Sacred Heart(declined), Utica(declined), Misericordia(3/15)
Attending: Thomas Jefferson

Sure, here are my stats. Best of luck on reapplying ! :)
University: Penn State
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.75
Prereq GPA: 3.74 - 4.0 depending on the school
GRE: 154 V, 156 Q, 5.5 AWA
OTCAS verified: September 19th
OT Observation Hours: 24 hours in SNF, 68 hours in hand therapy, 16 in outpatient care
Extra-cirric: 80 hours creating programs to help children with autism, ODD, and ADHD develop friendships and positive social skills, Resident Assistant for 3 years, 500 hours volunteering for Penn State's THON to raise money for and support children and their families battling pediatric cancer, Occupational Therapy Club, Adopt-A-School, National Residence Hall Honorary, Be a Match member, Merchandise Chair, tutor for students with disabilities, resident assistant mentor, and a little research experience.

Applied: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Pitt, Sacred Heart, Utica, Ohio State, Misericorida U
Acceptances: University of Pittsburgh (12/18), Temple(1/18), Ohio State(2/26), Misericordia (3/25), Thomas Jefferson (4/3)
Rejections: N/A
Waitlisted: Thomas Jefferson (2/14)
Interviews: Sacred Heart(declined), Utica(declined), Misericordia(3/15)
Attending: Thomas Jefferson
your stats look good . I am applying for DPT . Hope i get in this cycle.

I have my interview with TJU in early December. Anyone have any advice for the interview process? Thanks.

I have my interview with TJU in early December. Anyone have any advice for the interview process? Thanks.

When did you submit your application? and when did you hear from them?

If any of you have any questions for a current student let me know! I know the application process can be extremely daunting/stressful, but it's all worth it I promise! :) TJU is a great school/OT program in a great part of Philly, I'm almost done with my first semester and love it so far.

If any of you have any questions for a current student let me know! I know the application process can be extremely daunting/stressful, but it's all worth it I promise! :) TJU is a great school/OT program in a great part of Philly, I'm almost done with my first semester and love it so far.
Hey i have submitted my DPT application three weeks ago , they have replied me saying i will be getting supplemental application soon . However i haven't received any emails from them with the link. I don't know what to do.

Hey i have submitted my DPT application three weeks ago , they have replied me saying i will be getting supplemental application soon . However i haven't received any emails from them with the link. I don't know what to do.

Just follow up and contact admissions about it through email or phone, its not a big deal. I remember last year it took a long time to receive the MOT supplemental app. I know its stressful but the application process definitely requires a lot of patience. It'll all pay off! Best of luck!

lcs2074, do you know much about how their wait list works? Like how many people were accepted off of it, around what time, etc.?

lcs2074, do you know much about how their wait list works? Like how many people were accepted off of it, around what time, etc.?
Did you hear from TJU? I haven't heard back from them yet...

Did you hear from TJU? I haven't heard back from them yet...

Yea, I found out I was waitlisted a few weeks ago. I read on another thread that others heard back as well. When did you interview?

Yea, I found out I was waitlisted a few weeks ago. I read on another thread that others heard back as well. When did you interview?
Interviewed 2/6, just two weeks ago. Did they email you regarding the decision?

Also, is anybody applying to scholarships at this time? I got accepted to UPitt, and was planning on making a nonrefundable deposit and withdrawing later if I hear back from my other schools...but wondering if it's even worth it because UPitt is so expensive compared to others. :(

OTCAS verified date: 10/29
Interview invite emailed to me: 11/14
Interview: 12/5

Would you mind sharing how the interview went? What were some of the questions they asked and how was it structured?

Got waitlisted for jeffeson on 2/24 and was told I would get an update on 4/1 I still haven't got one was anyone else waitlisted for the bs/ms program?