those at umdnj

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

japolloniac09

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where do most umdnj students live and how far away from the school? i've also heard of a place called society hill--is that an actual township or just a neighborhood in newark? and i know that school schedule is about from 8-5, but do a lot of students end up staying working past that at the labs and gohome in the evenings?

any info regarding living circumstances would be much appreciated. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

I heard that a lot of the students stay after 5, especially for Anatomy lab.
I'm interested in the living circumstances myself?, have you heard anything?
Where do your live?

Vinipooh said:
Hey

I heard that a lot of the students stay after 5, especially for Anatomy lab.
I'm interested in the living circumstances myself?, have you heard anything?
Where do your live?

hey vinipooh,
sorry, i haven't ben on sdn in awhile. i actually live in mass right now. what about you? are you a nj resident? I'm not too familar with the cities in NJ, so I'm feeling a little anxious about my future living circumstances in NJ. Where do you think you'll live?
p.s were you ever in teh gateway dentistry program at umdnj?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be commuting to school, at first but if that doesnt turn out to be to much of a hassal, then I will apply for housing, closer to the school. I have a commute of about 4o minutes each way by car, so I'll see how that goes. No I did not participate in the gateway dentistry program.

japolloniac09 said:
where do most umdnj students live and how far away from the school? i've also heard of a place called society hill--is that an actual township or just a neighborhood in newark? and i know that school schedule is about from 8-5, but do a lot of students end up staying working past that at the labs and gohome in the evenings?

any info regarding living circumstances would be much appreciated. thanks.

Hi there...will be attending UMDNJ in the fall...did my post-bac @ rutgers (down the street)...i think society hill is an area in newark with some gated apartments...I have a friend who attends the law school in newark and lives there as well..if you do decide to live in newark, be prepared to come home from school and stay home untill daylight...not a pretty place at night...you may want to consider living nearby, but I wouldnt suggest living in newark..based on friends experience...towns I would suggest..hoboken, jersey city, passaic, montclair, south orange, or bloomfield...if you have any questions..feel free to email me...I am pretty familiar with the area..good luck to you