1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Those who completed STEP 1

Discussion in 'Step II' started by Kinghanuman, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Kinghanuman

Medical Student
    hello,
    i posted this thread in STEP 2 because there is a lot of discrepancy in STEP 1 forum about what Question bank is better. So i thought why not i ask people who have completed their STEP 1 on which Question bank do you think is better for STEP 1.

Some of the Question bank i have heard of are the famous qbank, USMLErx, and USMLEworld.

i would appreciate any opinions. thanks

2. wanderingmedics

wanderingmedics New Member
    5+ Year Member

step 1 qbank and step 2 usmleworld, you can't go wrong with those

3. vegetables

2+ Year Member

I used Qbank for both step1 and step2 and they worked great.

My guess is you aren't going to get a very good answer here, since most people only do one questionbank, so how can they compare to one they haven't done? They could have done just as well using both.

I think using any of the main ones and doing it thoroughly will prepare you well. good luck!

4. sponch

sponch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

almost everyone i know did qbank for step 1 and usmleworld for step 2. i did the same and did well.

5. OP
    OP
    Kinghanuman

Medical Student

I agree with you ... but maybe someone can tell me...how their question bank reflected the real thing.

6. vegetables

2+ Year Member

QBank for both for me were great prep....quite a few word-for-word questions, I was very prepared for the level of content. And I know someone else mentioned everyone used usmleworld for step 2, well I don't think anyone at my school did, so there's probably more variation than we think.

7. JCserver3

JCserver3 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    First Aid and Kaplan Qbank, that's what (almost) everyone at my school did for step 1.