Those who completed STEP 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kinghanuman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
hello,
i posted this thread in STEP 2 because there is a lot of discrepancy in STEP 1 forum about what Question bank is better. So i thought why not i ask people who have completed their STEP 1 on which Question bank do you think is better for STEP 1.

Some of the Question bank i have heard of are the famous qbank, USMLErx, and USMLEworld.

i would appreciate any opinions. thanks

vegetables

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used Qbank for both step1 and step2 and they worked great.

My guess is you aren't going to get a very good answer here, since most people only do one questionbank, so how can they compare to one they haven't done? They could have done just as well using both.

I think using any of the main ones and doing it thoroughly will prepare you well. good luck!

sponch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
almost everyone i know did qbank for step 1 and usmleworld for step 2. i did the same and did well.

Kinghanuman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My guess is you aren't going to get a very good answer here, since most people only do one questionbank, so how can they compare to one they haven't done? They could have done just as well using both.

I agree with you ... but maybe someone can tell me...how their question bank reflected the real thing.

vegetables

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I agree with you ... but maybe someone can tell me...how their question bank reflected the real thing.

QBank for both for me were great prep....quite a few word-for-word questions, I was very prepared for the level of content. And I know someone else mentioned everyone used usmleworld for step 2, well I don't think anyone at my school did, so there's probably more variation than we think.

JCserver3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First Aid and Kaplan Qbank, that's what (almost) everyone at my school did for step 1.