those who interviewed at NYMC late jan.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

have you heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

has NYMC sent out any rejections, or do they just mail them all out at once?

From what I have heard, NYMC is notoriously slow in making decisions. Give it another month and then ask again. Good luck!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
another month? what's with all this waiting? thanks for the info LBJeffries. =)

As LBJefferies noted, NYMC is extremely slow. And always has been. They didn't send out their 1st batch of acceptances until December and that was for October interviewees (commented on past threads and also on the interview day). They also mentioned on interview day that it'll be ~12 wks for notification.

I interviewed at NYMC mid-November and a full 14 weeks later received a rejection letter, which was both curt and condescending and included a misspelling. But what would you expect from a school that would e-mail over 1,000 interview invites and then immediately proceed to retract them. Bitter? Maybe a little. My cousin received one of those phantom interview invites.

I interviewed 11/26 and heard from them on 2/4, ten weeks later. They told us 8-10 weeks on interview day! Good luck :)

I interviewed in early feb and they also said it'd take 10-12 weeks for us.

has anyone who interviewed at nymc and gotten accepted heard back more than 10 weeks out? it looks like most acceptances are sent out near 10 weeks and rejections near 14 weeks. i've been waiting for 14 weeks with no news. doesn't bode well...

That school is so inconsistent. I got wait listed there last year and still have yet to hear from them about an interview (and they won't be sending out invitations forever!)