Those who recently went through child psych fellowship interview process - which programs were your favorites and why?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milan95

Reaction score
Would like to hear some insight from everyone who recently went through the process (within the last couple of years)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would like to hear some insight from everyone who recently went through the process (within the last couple of years)

Thanks!
It would be helpful to hear about what your interests are, whether you have any geographical preferences, etc.

By way of analogy, you probably wouldn’t find it very helpful for me to recommend pistachio ice cream because I love it if you have an anaphylactic nut allergy, but if I know a bit more about what you might enjoy, I could probably offer you some good recommendations.

Reactions: 1 user
It would be helpful to hear about what your interests are, whether you have any geographical preferences, etc.

By way of analogy, you probably wouldn’t find it very helpful for me to recommend pistachio ice cream because I love it if you have an anaphylactic nut allergy, but if I know a bit more about what you might enjoy, I could probably offer you some good recommendations.
I understand. I am hoping to hear everyone's experiences and why they liked the program they did, even if it is not necessarily my interest. But to answer your question, I would prefer to stay warm although I will be willing to sacrifice weather for the right program. My interests are in therapy, a program that truly has a relaxed call schedule/day to day work schedule (I know everyone says most child fellowships are chill but I have a few of them working their fellows hard enough), a very supportive environment with real supervision (I have also seen programs where the fellows just run clinic with no support from an attending whatsoever, would like to avoid those)