those with no mail today...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain...really. Not a single letter...a let down so to speak, but there is always tomorrow. Must hold out hope...

Members don't see this ad.

dexadental said:
I feel your pain...really. Not a single letter...a let down so to speak, but there is always tomorrow. Must hold out hope...

no mail for me either... I guess tomorrow is another day though

stay up

dexadental said:

Hang in there man! I'm in the same boat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Feels like a kick to the gut....

Ugh.

Its just sad ::wipes a tear:: haha...I always thought this would be a special day...but we just gotta hang in there, more interviews and more days for mail!

I feel for you guys, I was in the same boat last year. December 1st came and went for me with no exciting calls or mail. But don't fret! There is still lots of time for acceptances and interviews. Although I didn't get in on December 1st, I did end up with multiple acceptances and am now a happy (albeit busy) D1 student! Just because it didn't happen on December 1st doesn't make it any less awesome once you do have that acceptance in hand. Good luck with the rest of the application cycle! :luck:

the only mail i had a chance for today was from SIU, since I have yet to interview at any of my other schools...

didn't get anything, though - hopefully I'll get something before the end of the year.

Nothing over here either!
I'm scared. :scared:

ME TOOO..... this day sucked :(

same here...hoping that its because all my interviews were mid to late november...

what sucks more is all of the family and friends that keep calling to find out if I got in. December 1st wasn't so magical.

5 pre-december 1 interviews... i thought for sure i'd hear something... guess i gotta keep waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I didn't hear anything from ASDOH and I got waitlisted at Indiana and Nova, this sucks. Nova said I was high on the alternate list but I wonder if this even means anything! What a bummer, anybody know if alternates are even called up?

With only 1 interview under my belt, and 1 upcoming interview scheduled... I'm not sure what to do. 9 other schools are at the status of:

1) We have all your stuff, and we've swept your application under our cabinet to rot - we won't tell you anything other than, "Under review."

2) We don't have all your stuff, but we don't want to answer our phone calls nor tell you what you're missing

3) We aren't sure what's going on, but since we don't answer phone calls, nor emails, all you can do is wait.

I'm so confused as to why a school would stare at my application for 2 months, and not tell me if they want me to an interview or not. GRRR!

Anyway, to ease my fears, I've decided to apply to 5 more schools with deadlines still sometime away. How stupid can I be right? Heh.

Sonrisa Dentista,

Congrats.
So you didn't get in on Dec 1, but you got in later on? Did you get into schools that you interviewed at after Dec 1?
I interviewed at 5 schools and for 4 it looks like rejection. Waiting on Ohio State (5th). You think I still have a hope of getting in for this next Fall? I applied to 17 schools.
Thanks!

sadness. i was on the computer ALL day. didn't study for any of my classes. and gained about three pounds from eating a lot of junk/comfort food. :(

gah, this is SOO hard for me, too. I sent in my stuff early, interviewed early, and I REALLY wish my interviewers at Harvard hadn't told me I had a good shot!! We don't need compliments, especially if they aren't true...in fact, no feedback is better than falsely hopeful feedback.

Though I feel a LOT less antsy now that I went out, I'm a little tipsy so I might sound somewhat bitter... ;)

This was one of the hardest days of my life! Happy to have gotten into Buffalo, but no word from anyone else! I'll keep my fingers crossed over the next few days!!

ASU-devil said:
Well I didn't hear anything from ASDOH and I got waitlisted at Indiana and Nova, this sucks. Nova said I was high on the alternate list but I wonder if this even means anything! What a bummer, anybody know if alternates are even called up?

heyy.. wow are you serious? did Nova tell you that in the letter?

I'm still keeping hope alive for all of us! ::goes back to cleaning apartment at 12:47 at night...cries to sleep::

dexadental said:
I'm still keeping hope alive for all of us! ::goes back to cleaning apartment at 12:47 at night...cries to sleep::

no no! come y'all..there's still tommorow and the day after!

dexadental said:
Keep your head up dexadental. You are a smart person, look at your improvement in DAT scores. Dental schools will surely notice it. I for one waited two years for this opportunity. My younger sister is already in dental school, but I kept my head up and boosted my gpa and finally applied. Your gpa is much better than mine, and your DAT is pretty much the same as mine. I am sure you will get accepted to somewhere. I don't know when or where, but I know you will be accepted. So please dont cry.

Take care,
Rich

I'm trying to stay positive still even though i haven't heard anything at all from any schools i applied to. I guess the next step is to go back and take some additional post-bac. graduate level courses and try to beef up my gpa and demonstrate the ability to handle graduate level courses, at least this is what i've been told i should do. Im so damn confused and bitter at this point, this is def. not the first time i've gone through this, but hopefully it will be the last.

gpa 3.3 aa-20 ts-21 pa-17 oc-25 gc-21 bio-20 :p

goodluck to the rest of u

why are you guys so quick to count yourselves out?

Its only been 24 hours since dec1. Yet you guys sound like its August of 2006. Dental schools will keep interviewing and accepting people up till May. For all we know, your acceptance might be in transit. You might recieve more interviews after Jan 15.

Alot of people on this forum got accepted to multiple schools so there's going to be alot of spots opening up. Go on with your life, keep busy, and don't worry. In the end, it'll work out.

On Dec. 2nd I recieved this thick envelope from Creighton Dental school, and I thought "it must be an acceptence b/c it doesnt take many pages to tell someone they are rejected".. I thought, "Haaa, here it is...I opened it and it was a DAM info packet about thier freekin school. And I thought ... oh yeah, I didnt even pay the suplemental fee yet (b/c I have high hopes on getting into my state school (U of MN)), so I decieded to pay the suplemental fee b/c I cant guarentee that I will get into my state school, and I dont wanna do all of this again over less then a $100.
I feel you anxiousness, hang in there, soon it will aaaaall be over. Really it will. :) :thumbup: :)

rambo2006 said:
On Dec. 2nd I recieved this thick envelope from Creighton Dental school, and I thought "it must be an acceptence b/c it doesnt take many pages to tell someone they are rejected".. I thought, "Haaa, here it is...I opened it and it was a DAM info packet about thier freekin school. And I thought ... oh yeah, I didnt even pay the suplemental fee yet (b/c I have high hopes on getting into my state school (U of MN)), so I decieded to pay the suplemental fee b/c I cant guarentee that I will get into my state school, and I dont wanna do all of this again over less then a $100.
I feel you anxiousness, hang in there, soon it will aaaaall be over. Really it will. :) :thumbup: :)

Hahahah. the same thing happened to me with Nova. :oops:

dexadental said:

Chill out bro... don't cry yet
I'm pretty sure it's either a late mail or they to look at your second DAT score. No problem there.

I'm still not crying but i do find it hard to laugh or even smile for that matter without a depressing look on my face.

Hey don't worry, we're all here for you ;) This is a tumtulous time for all of us...well atleast those who haven't heard ANYTHING! I am hoping tomorrow we all hear better news...

drengineer said:
I'm still not crying but i do find it hard to laugh or even smile for that matter without a depressing look on my face.
I'm a pretty easy going guy. Despite this fact I threw my cell phone against the wall yesterday when I got off the phone with one of the schools. It's kinda funny now that I look back. Man, I really need to calm down! By the way my phone still works, Yes!