Thoughts about OBGYN using their own application platform?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rapsidy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Announcement

Dr Carmody’s thoughts

AAMCs response

Personally, all I can say is go OBGYN. If it goes well maybe other programs will follow and they can break up this ridiculous monopoly that ERAS has on over application and profit off of us.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Announcement

Dr Carmody’s thoughts

AAMCs response

Personally, all I can say is go OBGYN. If it goes well maybe other programs will follow and they can break up this ridiculous monopoly that ERAS has on over application and profit off of us.

Will it be cheaper or free? If yes, then great. If no, then whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Will it be cheaper or free? If yes, than great. If no, than whatever.

My guess is for them to have made that decision then they already have a system in place that will be cheaper for the students as far as time and money, as well as cheaper for the program directors. If they are allowed to apply individualized filters or put caps on applications, it saves them significant amounts of time and therefore money in reviewing applications.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is just the application part, right? All NRMP match rules still apply?
P.S. This will probably make it easier for dual OBGYN applicants to not accidentally send LORs to the wrong programs

This is just the application part, right? All NRMP match rules still apply?
P.S. This will probably make it easier for dual OBGYN applicants to not accidentally send LORs to the wrong programs

Correct. But it’s a direct loss of money from LGME as they won’t use their application system, and could potentially lead to many other specialities doing something similar, as it usually just takes the first one to make a stand before many follow suit.