Thoughts on AMBOSS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogbert2234

Reaction score
Feels like everyone else in my MS1 class is purchasing a subscription to AMBOSS. We start on the wards after MS1 year at my school, and take Step1 shortly after finishing clerkships--which should still be before it becomes P/F, if our clerkships don't get pushed back due to COVID. Just wondering if I am crazy to not feel the need to pay for yet another board prep resource, or if AMBOSS is really worth it. Grateful for any and all thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

I like Amboss but I definitely would not pay for it at this point. I'm an M2 taking step in a couple months (hopefully) and literally just bought it like 2 weeks ago. I would start with Rx or Kaplan for now. Start using Uworld once you get closer to dedicated and really only move on to Amboss when/if you complete Uworld.

If you really really want to give it a try right now, they have a 5 day free trial. There's also a bunch of promo codes floating around where you can get a free month or more. Amboss is expensive so I would start there.

Reactions: 1 user