Thoughts on dropping a "grade boosting" class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattnumbernine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-edit-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
4 is quite a low number.. I mean even in my freshmen year, including seminars (1 credit) I had 5 classes. 3 .. I cant even imagine taking that few.. isnt that only like 9 credits?

Anyway, I dont think the school matters in terms of the W, it will show up on the apps.. but if you have no chance at an A.. you can consider it.. I wouldnt.
Here is why..

You are still going to be above 3.50/3.45 .. the cutoff (I would think) isnt going to be like 3.6102033240445.. so taking that hit wont be terrible. That being said, talk to your professor, tell him how much it means to you and how much work you have put in and see if you can get the A. If not, talk to your counselor.. I think your GPA is already fairly average and taking that hit wont screw you up too much.

I probably would avoid dropping the class as it will look worse than a B would. You should figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it. Psych classes vary in difficulty and gen psych courses are known for being tougher than people expect, but you should be able to get out w/ at least a B+/A-. You do need to bring that GPA up a bit more to be competitive, though. Your freshmen year is still doing a number on your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you be dropping it or withdrawing from it? You should make sure you're correct as to what would occur this late in the semester. Many schools won't even allow a withdrawal this late in the semester....