Thoughts on Free Princeton DAT Test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey all,

So I just took the DAT Princeton Test that's free online, and I wasn't too happy with my overall science score. I feel like there are obscure questions on it, and there is, unfortunately, no explanations. Anyone ever use Princeton's free test or their services in general? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would just recommend for you to use DAT Bootcamp for your practice test needs. I have no experience with Princeton, so I can't say. However, the fact that there are no explanations leads me to believe it's not worth your time.

Hey all,

So I just took the DAT Princeton Test that's free online, and I wasn't too happy with my overall science score. I feel like there are obscure questions on it, and there is, unfortunately, no explanations. Anyone ever use Princeton's free test or their services in general? Thanks!
I am not familiar with the free Princeton test. IMO the 2007 ADA test released for free will give you a good feel, why? Because it was an actual DAT exam in 2007 and the questions were written by the ADA, questions are easier than 2018, so you should score at least a 20 and above on 2007. But IMO there in NOT test that will accurately predict your DAT score. I have seen students disappointed many times when they scored lower than their timed tests indicated. Spend more time solidifying knowledge and less on the timed test. All the time in the world will not help if you can't answer the questions.

Free DAT 2007
https://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_test_sampleitems.ashx
You can also use the free OAT for Practice just ignore the physics
http://www.aed.rutgers.edu/oat_sample_test.pdf
Just my 2 cents

Nancy

Last edited:
biology was way too easy. GC was too hard. OC was off base.

the rest was also too easy.

imo the Princeton review free exam is an awful source to gauge your score. Although the free practice questions can't hurt.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the feedback, everybody! Princeton Review is definitely not a good score predictor, but none the less, the more practice the better!