Thoughts on my school list?

Started by moist
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moist

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I'm trying to finalize my school list. Right now I have about 25 schools but I'm trying to cut that down to about 20. Not a set number, but I'm just shooting for about 20-25 schools. Anything more than that and I'm worried I won't have the time.

I'm an IN resident with a sGPA and cGPA of 3.9. I took the MCAT in September and got a 35. I have typical EC's (research, volunteering), but nothing extraordinary. Let me know if you need any more info.

Here is my list. What are your suggestions?
  • Albert Einstein
  • Baylor
  • Brown
  • BU
  • Case Western
  • Columbia
  • Drexel
  • Emory
  • Georgetown
  • IU
  • Jefferson
  • Loyola
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Northwestern
  • NYU
  • OSE
  • Rochester
  • SLU
  • Temple
  • Tufts
  • UMiami
  • Pitt
  • UIC
  • UVA
  • Penn State
Thanks for the help!
 
I think the common wisdom around here is that people who are looking to cut down should first get rid of schools like Georgetown and Drexel that have a high volume of applicants.
 
Cut Brown, as they high prefer their own grads.

You can do better than Penn State and Drexel; try USC/Keck or Hofstra.

Dump Tufts for high cost of tuition.

Hey guys! I'm trying to finalize my school list. Right now I have about 25 schools but I'm trying to cut that down to about 20. Not a set number, but I'm just shooting for about 20-25 schools. Anything more than that and I'm worried I won't have the time.

I'm an IN resident with a sGPA and cGPA of 3.9. I took the MCAT in September and got a 35. I have typical EC's (research, volunteering), but nothing extraordinary. Let me know if you need any more info.

Here is my list. What are your suggestions?
  • Albert Einstein
  • Baylor
  • Brown
  • BU
  • Case Western
  • Columbia
  • Drexel
  • Emory
  • Georgetown
  • IU
  • Jefferson
  • Loyola
  • Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Northwestern
  • NYU
  • OSE
  • Rochester
  • SLU
  • Temple
  • Tufts
  • UMiami
  • Pitt
  • UIC
  • UVA
  • Penn State
Thanks for the help!