thoughts on NYCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ychromosome, Jun 29, 2001.

1. ychromosome

ychromosome Junior Member

Greetings...

I'm headed to NYCOM come august and I'm looking for some info on the place. Atmosphere on campus, things to do outside class, places to live, people, etc...

I'm headed up there Monday to take a look around and look at some places to live. Anyone going there this fall and need a roommate, reply to this post...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ringo

ringo Junior Member

Ychromosome, I may see you at NYCOM this fall. I am trying to decide whether or not to go still. What made you decide to go?

4. nycphildoc

nycphildoc Member

Y Chromosome,

I'm a future NYCOM first year student, currently looking for a roomate and/or a place to live.

Email: [email protected]

5. ringo

ringo Junior Member

Does anyone know anything about NYCOM and how it fairs? Is it a good school?

6. crazy4MD

crazy4MD Junior Member

Well, I have a friend that is in the BS/DO program there at NYIT and I heard it is rather small.

7. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Is it possible to transfer into the BS/DO program? For example, can I transfer from my undergrad school to NYCOM's affiliate undergrad school, be accepted to the BS/DO program upon enrollment, and be assured an acceptance to medical school, assuming I complete requirements and do well. Is this idea possible?

8. myway

myway New Member

I believe the above statement is false. Hint: call the school's offices

9. DO2BE

DO2BE New Member

As far as I know you cannot transfer in to the BS/DO program at NYCOM. (Myself being an example I have an AA already). You have to start from rock bottom. The head of the BS/DO program is very helpful. I suggest you give him a call. If anyone has any questions they can email me at [email protected]